"L a k e M e a d" Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Mead National Recreation Area by kylian74

Lake Mead National Recreation Area

Lake Mead is a cater crystal clear blue lake in the desert and rugged mountains of Nevada, a few miles from Las Vegas. This place is a contrast of desert, water, mountains and canyons...How comes! Nature, working slowly over millions of years and build the foundation. Locals had worked over a few decades to improve the landscape and built modern needs for every visitors such as Lake Mead Marina that offer boating services, rentals, and supplies year round. Lake Mead offers a beautiful and breathtaking scenic drives with the Desert Lake View!! other things to do within the area are picknicking, swimming, camping, hiking and fishing.

Fun on the Lake

From my travel book in hand while in the States, I've read a liitle about Lake Mead Resort Marina, Thus we headed to the place after a drive from the camping area which shown from the photo above. It was hot but the wind blow stays cool and lake was so refreshing...we were attracted by the water! the lake beauty in the desert and twisted mountains wall.
It was a half day visit to the resort, although we didn't go boating it was a fantastic day. This place offers a lodging, huge parking, campground, marina, food service, grocery and gift shop, boat rentals, boat/raft trips and other group facilities. I think It's an interesting place for a year round.!!

Kids Fun on the Lake

This picture of my son is only one of my favorite photos during fish feeding at Lake Mead Marina. Carper fishes get addicted to salted popcorn!!. There were tons of fat and big carper fishes in the resort, I guess they are just addicted to the popcorn that most kid visitors throw for them. There were swans that joined the fishes..just a real fun and thing to do for kids aside from boating, swimming, etc.,at the marina.

• Pros:Clear blue L A K E within a desert, mountains and canyons
  • In a nutshell:A refreshing place in the desert
  • Intro Updated Apr 27, 2004

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Nice page and great pics. Cheers, John.

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2004 at 2:10 PM

wow what a lot of fish

• El_Sueco's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2004 at 2:17 PM

I see you have put up a lot of new pages, will be very interresting to see it, sooner or later! Take it easy, and make it good as always.

• Apr 28, 2004 at 9:41 AM

Seems like you're very busy putting up and building pages..I'll check 'em when all are finish! Like the blue colours here!

• camilo74's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2004 at 8:23 AM

great page! let me now when you'll be done with it, for checking it ;)

• Apr 26, 2004 at 10:15 PM

Hey girl - Great photos Ian-Grace. Heehee, even I've never been to Lake Mead, but it looks like a fun place!

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2004 at 9:15 AM

Hmmm... I see... busy producing huh ? Salted pop corn addicted carps... I've never seen that. Will return here...

kylian74

“Explorations definitely travels!”

Badges & Stats in Lake Mead National Recreation Area

Have you been to Lake Mead National Recreation Area?

Latest Activity in Lake Mead National Recreation Area