"L a k e M e a d" Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Mead National Recreation Area by kylian74
Lake Mead National Recreation Area Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 98 photos
Lake Mead is a cater crystal clear blue lake in the desert and rugged mountains of Nevada, a few miles from Las Vegas. This place is a contrast of desert, water, mountains and canyons...How comes! Nature, working slowly over millions of years and build the foundation. Locals had worked over a few decades to improve the landscape and built modern needs for every visitors such as Lake Mead Marina that offer boating services, rentals, and supplies year round. Lake Mead offers a beautiful and breathtaking scenic drives with the Desert Lake View!! other things to do within the area are picknicking, swimming, camping, hiking and fishing.
From my travel book in hand while in the States, I've read a liitle about Lake Mead Resort Marina, Thus we headed to the place after a drive from the camping area which shown from the photo above. It was hot but the wind blow stays cool and lake was so refreshing...we were attracted by the water! the lake beauty in the desert and twisted mountains wall.
It was a half day visit to the resort, although we didn't go boating it was a fantastic day. This place offers a lodging, huge parking, campground, marina, food service, grocery and gift shop, boat rentals, boat/raft trips and other group facilities. I think It's an interesting place for a year round.!!
This picture of my son is only one of my favorite photos during fish feeding at Lake Mead Marina. Carper fishes get addicted to salted popcorn!!. There were tons of fat and big carper fishes in the resort, I guess they are just addicted to the popcorn that most kid visitors throw for them. There were swans that joined the fishes..just a real fun and thing to do for kids aside from boating, swimming, etc.,at the marina.
- Pros:Clear blue L A K E within a desert, mountains and canyons
- In a nutshell:A refreshing place in the desert
The last that we found was these one, from the pic. more travel advice
kylian74's Related Pages
Lake Mead National Recreation Area Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "L a k e M e a d"
- "The Hoover Dam and Lake Mead"
- "On the way to the Grand Canyon"
- "Lake Mead National Recreation Area"
- "Lake Mead"
- "Lake Mead like you've never seen it before"
- "Lake Mead Ski Trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- 22 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Lake Mead National Recreation Area?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 42 reviews, 76 photos, 4 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aalst Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bodie Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philippines Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ternate Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blankenberge Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cologne Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue