"S t e i n Am R h e i n" Top 5 Page for this destination Stein am Rhein by kylian74
Stein am Rhein Travel Guide: 90 reviews and 270 photos
Stein Am Rhein is a small 16'th century..medieval village situated along the Rhein River in Switzerland. The town is well worth a visit to witness the beautiful " Frescoes " in the row houses ( photo shown above is from the main square ), the very swiss style of houses and livings.... the Main Square of this town is said to be the prettiest in Switzerland and that is why this is very touristy.
I was here on 8 in the evening, it was still clear....we walked through this small town and had some drinks until sunset, I took the sunset photo from the hotel restaurant terrace..where we had our drinks,..my Sangria! It was a beautiful place, at the opposite side of the river is Germany which this place is very close to the German border...... can you imagine sitting behind the lake from a hotel resto and both sides are Swiss houses styles with theme frescoes?...I just went a bit closer to have this better picture...Afterwards, we headed the carpark and leave Stien Am Rhein for the day.
Actually, I went to switzerland without knowing any idea about this place...Thanks to Nicole! VT Nike333 for suggesting this place a visit, this is another discovery and I'm glad I've been here for a while...Also, to family MARTI, a family friend from Weinfelden, Switzerland who bring us here and be our private guide in town.
There was not much tourist when we arrive at 8 p.m, but I notice many restaurants are mostly full...For a few hours in the city is actually a very short one to see and discover everything.
- Pros:Medieval arcitecture and frescoes, plus the beautifull Rhein river.
- Cons:so much to see for a few hours
- In a nutshell:Small Swiss village that never fails
This was the first thing I have notice when we arrive to the town. A passage through the town center, It's a clock tower... more travel advice
We were on our way back to the parking area passing the riverside, I saw this beautiful sunset....I can't resist leaving... more travel advice
kylian74's Related Pages
Stein am Rhein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Switzerland"
- "örlikins geht nach Stein am Rhein"
- "A TRUE TREASURE!"
- "S t e i n Am R h e i n"
- "Stein am Rhein and it's frescoes"
- "Delightful Stein am Rhein"
- "Stein am Rhein - Stone at the Rhine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stein am Rhein
- Hotels in Stein am Rhein
- Transportation in Stein am Rhein
- Restaurants in Stein am Rhein
- Shopping in Stein am Rhein
- Warnings and Dangers in Stein am Rhein
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stein am Rhein
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Stein am Rhein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stein am Rhein
Photos in Stein am RheinSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 42 reviews, 76 photos, 4 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aalst Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bodie Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philippines Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ternate Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blankenberge Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cologne Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue