"S t e i n Am R h e i n" Top 5 Page for this destination Stein am Rhein by kylian74

Stein am Rhein Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 174 photos

The picturestique Swiss town

Stein Am Rhein is a small 16'th century..medieval village situated along the Rhein River in Switzerland. The town is well worth a visit to witness the beautiful " Frescoes " in the row houses ( photo shown above is from the main square ), the very swiss style of houses and livings.... the Main Square of this town is said to be the prettiest in Switzerland and that is why this is very touristy.

Sunset at night!

I was here on 8 in the evening, it was still clear....we walked through this small town and had some drinks until sunset, I took the sunset photo from the hotel restaurant terrace..where we had our drinks,..my Sangria! It was a beautiful place, at the opposite side of the river is Germany which this place is very close to the German border...... can you imagine sitting behind the lake from a hotel resto and both sides are Swiss houses styles with theme frescoes?...I just went a bit closer to have this better picture...Afterwards, we headed the carpark and leave Stien Am Rhein for the day.

My visit to Stein Am Rhein

Actually, I went to switzerland without knowing any idea about this place...Thanks to Nicole! VT Nike333 for suggesting this place a visit, this is another discovery and I'm glad I've been here for a while...Also, to family MARTI, a family friend from Weinfelden, Switzerland who bring us here and be our private guide in town.

There was not much tourist when we arrive at 8 p.m, but I notice many restaurants are mostly full...For a few hours in the city is actually a very short one to see and discover everything.

• Pros:Medieval arcitecture and frescoes, plus the beautifull Rhein river.
  • Cons:so much to see for a few hours
  • In a nutshell:Small Swiss village that never fails
  • Last visit to Stein am Rhein: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 17, 2003

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2004 at 11:39 AM

Nice pictures of this very picturesque town! I wish I'd taken more photos when I was here, the frescoes and architecture are so beautiful!

• Nike333's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2004 at 1:31 PM

great pictures and very good infos! I guess next time you give me tips on what to do there... :-)

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2003 at 11:38 AM

I've not been to Switzerland Ian but it looks typically central European. Where's the pic of you underneath a cuckoo clock blowing an Alpen horn?

• solo_mc's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2003 at 2:34 AM

So beautiful.... someone I love very much is now in Switzerland... thanks for sharing your memories.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2003 at 1:47 AM

very nice

• Aug 15, 2003 at 11:44 PM

Nice! But I hope you have more pix. Boy, you look really young in that pic. What's your secret?

• Aug 15, 2003 at 12:48 PM

Hi, Ian. I was just about to e-mail you...I thought I'd check here first. Thanks for sharing.

• camilo74's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2003 at 11:55 AM

Beautiful Pictures Ian, , did you enjoy the trip?

• Aug 12, 2003 at 10:57 AM

Pretty..I'll be back!

kylian74

“Explorations definitely travels!”

Badges & Stats in Stein am Rhein

Have you been to Stein am Rhein?

Latest Activity in Stein am Rhein