"Legaspi" Legaspi City by kylian74

Legaspi City Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 428 photos

where the perfect cone volcano is......

I have seen these Mayon Volcano for several times but never thought of taking any picture of it before.......with VT on my mind, the last time we were in Legaspi... I was encourage to take at least some photos of these most beautiful volcano in Philippines.
We stayed overnight in Legaspi City, Albay then the next day..we got early breakfast and leave the hotel right away....well, I was informed that the best time to view the volcano is early in the morning at least before 10 am. due to midst, fog and covered by clouds at noon until late afternoon.

best view.....

I also love these photo with a little 'nipa house'on the left side. I got a chance to take these one in Camalig Albay, we are about 30 minutes away from Legaspi but seems that we were just driving around volcano.

• Pros:nice and clean city
  • Cons:volcano area, isn't it dangerous when the big eruption came?
  • In a nutshell:The place with the great Mayon Volcano
  • Intro Updated Aug 9, 2006

• Jun 30, 2008 at 11:31 AM

You should have gone to st. Domingo beach. The beach has a black fine sand and the scenery is beautiful. Water is very warm just like having a warm bath!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2006 at 8:46 AM

Beautiful photos & great information on Legaspi and the famous Mayon Volcano! Hope to visit this place one day :)

• Aug 18, 2003 at 11:38 AM

The volcano is really a must see sa atin, Ian! I wouldn't mind going there!

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2003 at 11:32 AM

Probably the finest cone volcano I have ever seen!

• Alain_Smeets's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2003 at 11:51 PM

Amazing Volcano, and great shots of it, it looks like an amazing mountain, did you hike up to it? Seems like a place worthwhile to visit. I hope to be in the Philippines end of next year. Great page and good tips. Your little boy looks very cute.

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2003 at 2:35 AM

Nice volcano Ian, like Fuji, only better.... also Cute boy (...and his girlfriend too...)

• Norali's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2003 at 8:42 AM

volcano as activity! why not?

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2003 at 10:05 PM

That certainly is an incredibly perfect volcano - never seen one that great. amazing view from all around. Never heard of this before - tks.

• spintobecca's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2003 at 12:42 PM

As far as vocanoes go, it's very pretty!

kylian74

“Explorations definitely travels!”

Badges & Stats in Legaspi City

Have you been to Legaspi City?

Latest Activity in Legaspi City