"B a l a n g i g a, Eastern Samar" Balangiga by kylian74

Balangiga Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 29 photos

A part of my Childhood

I spent a few years of my childhood in Balangiga, being the hometown of my father. The place is totally laid back, home of fisherman's, which always reminds me of big Blue Merlin fishes carried away from pumboats to the shore and direct to the small market, this is typically during the season.**

*My Excuses!!

This page remain under construction, need the most motivation for continuation. For the meantime, I have provided some tips and photos below for any convenient use.
Thanks for passing by:

Ian-Grace Catalogo**

• Last visit to Balangiga: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2010

• bike_packer's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2006 at 2:54 AM

hi ian! eventhough your last visit to this place is 3yrs ago- i read, maybe you could give me info of the road condition to balanginga w/ respect to tacloban, guiuan and borongan. we are planning a road trip on the 1st week of november. thanks!

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2005 at 3:59 AM

ian, happy birthday to you, wish you all the best :) hugs ~@rie~

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2003 at 5:38 PM

Gosh free sand... I hope they don't run out:-) I always find the Filipino people wonderfully warm and friendly - they know how to have fun. What a shame about the pollution.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2003 at 11:47 PM

The Seafood must be very fresh here! I've always wanted to go to a Banca building factory!! Balangiga sure looks like my kind of place!

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2003 at 7:52 AM

The 2 things I covet most in life are a banca and a jeepney. I've now found out where I can get a banca made. Just need to work on the jeepney now ...

• Mar 20, 2003 at 3:04 AM

Oh..you have some nice and interesting place,never had any idea about this place! You're right about the locals specialy in province, they will laugh and smile;-)

kylian74

“Explorations definitely travels!”

Badges & Stats in Balangiga

Have you been to Balangiga?

Latest Activity in Balangiga