"B a s e y" Basey by kylian74

Basey Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 44 photos

I miss this place.....

I was born here in Basey, western Samar, The second biggest island in the Visayas, Philippines. These island is devided into 3 provinces of Eastern, Northern and Western. Samar is surounded with about 180 small islands, one of those is HOMONHON Island where the famous legendary Ferdinand Magellan arrived the first time in Philippine soil on the year 1521.

I was 7 years old when i left these province and move to Manila. Somehow sometimes we visit this place until now. Some of my relatives still lives here...it's quite far from Manila where my parents live right now. This island is accesible by plane, about an hour flight from Manila to Tacloban, then a jeepney bound Basey about 45 minutes to Basey town proper. By bus is long travel, it is not advisable if you doesn't like to sit for long on a bus but concerning your budget, these might help, it is a 24 hours on the road includes some stopover for meals along the way and for passengers who needs lavatory...not onboard but on some restaurant or gasoline station which the drivers choice. the bus will cross towards the island of Visayas and take a ferry boat for an hour and half in Sorsogon to cros to Allen of Northern Samar.

• Pros:my birthplace
  • Cons:prone of heavy storm
  • In a nutshell:A place of relaxiation, no pollution, has beautiful beaches
  • Last visit to Basey: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 6, 2003

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2003 at 8:49 PM

Quite a long ride to get there...Maroon coloured wine.. sounds interesting but obviously it tastes good:-) I've tried buco too:-) I like the sound of the caves.

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2003 at 7:34 AM

Another tuba please, Joe!

• Mar 20, 2003 at 2:53 AM

Hmmm...I know what tuba is too..funny to remember all the local words and the things we have;-) Nice!

kylian74