"Kotor Bay" Kotor by Ramonq
Kotor Travel Guide: 549 reviews and 1,299 photos
Imagine a fjord-like scenery that you expect to see in Sogneford, Norway or Milford Sound, New Zealand with tourquoise blue water like the one in the Dalmatian coast around Dubrovnik, Croatia. Then imagine a fortress wall clinging on the mountains like a miniature version of the Great Wall of China that protects an ancient European medieval town made of stone, then you have Kotor! This is a wonderful place, a photographer's dream where every angle reveals a well composed scenery. Kotor is the pride of Montenegro and the Montenegrins have steadfastly protected this area from getting into foreign hands. Witness the fine medieval fortifications that surround the old city which climb up the mountain side where an imposing citadel is located. Up there, you can see a beautiful view of this rocky land and the ancient Kotor town below. The steep climb up the citadel is a must for travellers to Kotor so one must be prepared for the gruelling task.
- Pros:Compact Walled Town
- Cons:Small Town
- In a nutshell:Dalmatian
Ramonq's Related Pages
Kotor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kotor and Europe's Deepest Fjord"
- "K O T O R"
- "Kotor Rebuilt"
- "The jewel of Montenegro"
- "WELCOME TO KOTOR!!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kotor
- Hotels in Kotor
- Transportation in Kotor
- Nightlife in Kotor
- Restaurants in Kotor
- Shopping in Kotor
- Warnings and Dangers in Kotor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kotor
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Kotor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kotor
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 32 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Moresby Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Manila Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luanda Intro, 17 reviews, 4 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 14 reviews, 6 photos
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Canberra Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Rome Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
No friends yet.