"Centre of Gaelic Culture" Galway by Ramonq
Galway Travel Guide: 532 reviews and 1,018 photos
The town of Galway almost feels cramped and intimate which belies the fact that is surrounded by vast open green spaces and a few hours away from awesome cliffs and wind-swept barren islands. At the main square, Eyre Square, where Galwegians are quick to point out that this was the spot where JFK made a speech during his brief visit to Ireland, the city appears hectic. No surprises there as the train and bus stations are located nearby and car and pedestrian traffic converge.
Along the main pedestrian streets of William and Shop Streets, a throng of crowd march down the medieval laneways that are packed with pubs, shops, restaurants and more pubs. I like the traditional shopfronts and pubs in Ireland. Brightly coloured and signposted with Victorian-era letter-fonts, they are full of charm which invite passers-by to drop in. The buskers performing traditional Irish music makes strolling around Galway more evocative and enriches your Irish travel experience.
- Pros:Pubs with friendly patrons
- In a nutshell:Cheers!
Ramonq's Related Pages
Galway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A walk around Galway"
- "The Far West of Europe"
- "Galway.. City of Tribes"
- "Galway- the big little city"
- "Galway City- My favourite Irish city...so far"
- "Galway ~ City of Tribes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Galway
- Hotels in Galway
- Transportation in Galway
- Nightlife in Galway
- Restaurants in Galway
- Shopping in Galway
- Warnings and Dangers in Galway
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Galway
- 0 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Galway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Galway
Photos in GalwaySee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 32 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Moresby Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Manila Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luanda Intro, 17 reviews, 4 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 14 reviews, 6 photos
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Canberra Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Rome Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
No friends yet.