Lubumbashi Nightlife Tips by Ramonq Top 5 Page for this destination
Lubumbashi Nightlife: 2 reviews and 0 photos
N'Temba seems to be a popular name for dance clubs in Africa. There is one here in Lubumbashi. As in other African cities, this N'Temba is very African. Women in traditional African garb and men in suits mix around the numerous bars inside this spacious club. It may look unassuming outside, but step inside and you will be surprised at the atmosphere. Music is definitely very Congolese and you may find yourself being the only foreigner inside. Enjoy the music and the drinks at N'Temba and meet the locals at their favourite hangout.
Dress Code: You will see women in elegant African dresses. Congolese men love to wear suits to impress despite the heat. Smart casual is okay.
Directions: It is in the city centre.
Locals call Lubumbashi either Lushi or Bum. Hence the name Planet Hollybum! This complex has an accommodation area, a restaurant and a nightclub. The nightclub is perhaps the most Western dance place in Lushi. While most dance clubs in Lubumbashi play Congolese music and patronised by middle aged folks, Planet Hollybum is decidedly hip and modern. It's rather small, and gets packed at midnight by locals and expat crowd. There is a bar and the dancefloor is not spacious. Watch the revellers watch themselves on the mirror as they dance to the latest Western dance music.
Dress Code: Smart casual
More Reviews (3)
Ramonq's Related Pages
Lubumbashi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lubumbashi, capitale of Copper (and other mining)"
- "DRC's Second largest City"
- "It's a mining town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lubumbashi
- Hotels in Lubumbashi
- Nightlife in Lubumbashi
- Restaurants in Lubumbashi
- Shopping in Lubumbashi
- Warnings and Dangers in Lubumbashi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lubumbashi
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lubumbashi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lubumbashi
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 32 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Moresby Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Manila Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luanda Intro, 17 reviews, 4 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 14 reviews, 6 photos
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Canberra Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Rome Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
No friends yet.