"Pleasant Angolan town" Lubango by Ramonq
Lubango Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 28 photos
Lubango is Angola's second largest city. Located inland in the highland province of Huila, Lubango is a lovely town with an agreeable climate. At around 1750 metres above sea level, the city's temperature can be chilly especially during the winter months of July and August. The fertile lands around Lubango provide the city with fruits and vegetables that are more commonly found in temperate climes. It's for this reason that a lot of Portuguese have settled in the area and many of their descendants have decided to stay put even during the Angolan civil war. Most of the infrastructure in Lubango were built by the Portuguese, and they are currently being rehabilitated and modernised. The main square, which has been renovated, is now a pleasant focal point for the cit, and it is surrounded by characteristic colonial Portuguese architecture.
- Pros:Nice Climate
- Cons:expensive hotels
Ramonq's Related Pages
Lubango Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The most portuguese city of Angola"
- "cf_m's new Angola Page"
- "Pleasant Angolan town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lubango
- Transportation in Lubango
- Restaurants in Lubango
- Warnings and Dangers in Lubango
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lubango
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lubango?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lubango
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 32 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Moresby Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Manila Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luanda Intro, 17 reviews, 4 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 14 reviews, 6 photos
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Canberra Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Rome Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
No friends yet.