"Lake Titicaca and its environ" Copacabana by Ramonq
Copacabana Travel Guide: 146 reviews and 293 photos
click: Inca music
Copacabana in Bolivia is the springboard for many attractions around the area. The town is an excellent base to explore Lake Titicaca and the ancient archaeological site of Tihuanaco.
Lake Titicaca, the world's highest elevated freshwater lake, is stunning. Deep azure blue, the water is generally calm and it sparkles under the cloudless Andean sky. I was completely mesmerised by the scintillating reflection of the water as my motorised boat sailed through the lake to reach a legendary rocky island that's located in the middle of it. Very occasionally, you'll see the traditional reed canoes used by the locals who habitate the areas around the river, but they're hardly used now having been replaced by more solid wooden ones. Owing to its high elevation, the air is crisp and clean and the sky is amazingly blue as well.
No wonder the ancient Incas had chosen this place as a powerful spiritual source. The islands in the lake are full of ancient temples and sacrificial altars. Once I landed on Isla del Sol, I really felt that I'm walking on hallowed grounds.
- Pros:Lake Titicaca
- In a nutshell:Fascinating Pre-Columbian heritage
Ramonq's Related Pages
Copacabana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A little too early or too late in Copacabana"
- "COPACABANA TOWN..."
- "Copacabana and the Lake Titicaca Area"
- "At the Copacabana"
- "Beach and pilgrims"
- "Copacabana. Church"
- "lake titicaca"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copacabana
- Hotels in Copacabana
- Transportation in Copacabana
- Nightlife in Copacabana
- Restaurants in Copacabana
- Shopping in Copacabana
- Warnings and Dangers in Copacabana
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Copacabana
- 0 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Copacabana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copacabana
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 32 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Moresby Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Manila Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luanda Intro, 17 reviews, 4 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 14 reviews, 6 photos
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Canberra Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Rome Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Copacabana hotel reviews
- Hotel Rosario Del Lago
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013