"Adventure capital of Nepal" Pokhara by Ramonq
Pokhara Travel Guide: 357 reviews and 886 photos
Pokhara is a popular base for adventurers who are determined to conquer the Annapurna region of the Himalayas, one of the highest and most inhospitable mountain ranges in the world. Climbers, trekkers, paragliders, kayakers and spelunkers from all over the globe arrive in this town to plan their adventure of a lifetime. The main tourist street in the Lakeside district of Pokhara is full of shops selling adventure goods and accessories. Backpacks, tents, windcheaters, hiking boots, and everything made of Gortex are found here. It has a frontier feel about it but the locals are so friendly that you are always made welcome.
- Pros:Natural surroundings
- Cons:Not as clean as Switzerland
- In a nutshell:Where nature is never far away
The Pokhara region has some deep gorges with extremely fast flowing water that springs from the Himalayas. There are... more travel advice
What is it about the Aussies? They seem to have pubs and restaurants all over the world. Here's one overlooking the... more travel advice
Ramonq's Related Pages
Pokhara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pokhara - the best town in Nepal"
- "When Did you Last See Rainbow on Earth Like this!!"
- "Pokhara - once is not enough"
- "Pokhara - Nepal"
- ""Peaceful Pokhara!!""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pokhara
- Hotels in Pokhara
- Transportation in Pokhara
- Nightlife in Pokhara
- Restaurants in Pokhara
- Shopping in Pokhara
- Warnings and Dangers in Pokhara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pokhara
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Pokhara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pokhara
Photos in PokharaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 32 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Moresby Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Manila Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luanda Intro, 17 reviews, 4 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 14 reviews, 6 photos
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Canberra Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Rome Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
No friends yet.