"FinElina's new Finland Page" Finland by FinElina
Finland Travel Guide: 9,520 reviews and 21,601 photos
Finland is my home country. This is a beautiful country with lots of water (lakes) and forests. The norther you go (to Lapland), the more beautiful the nature becomes. Helsinki is the capital city of Finland. It has beautiful monuments and sights but it's also a city with people, industry and technology.
If you want to experience Finland as its best, you have two options:
1) Finland in summer time:
*Nature as beautiful as can be, try to go to the countryside and see the forests and trees. It amazes even me! Swim in the chilly lakes, feel the nightless nights. Taste some unforgettable Finnish specialities!
2) Finland in winter time:
*Feel the freezing cold but fresh air, try to walk in the snow when it covers your feet and legs totally, go for slalom skiing or slide on the snow on your bottom, down on a hill. Feel the darkness already after 3pm. Go see the original Santa Claus and his fellows, the reindeer in Lapland. Taste the meat of the reindeer! Relax in the sauna and jump naked in the snow in between. Try even swimming in the ice-cold lake or sea. It makes your blood run faster and brings healthiness!
This is Finland. Welcome!
- Pros:The landscapes, the experiences, the climate
- Cons:The climate!
When coming to Finland, you must go to Lapland, especially if it's winter. The nature and animals (reindeer) there are... more travel advice
Finland is a quite expensive country to do shopping, especially if compared to Eastern or Southern Europe countries.... more travel advice
FinElina's Related Pages
Finland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Finland - about stereotypes and uniqueness"
- "Tales from the Thousand Lakes"
- "It is never too hot in Finland"
- "Fin de Lande"
- "IMPORTANT FINLAND FACTS"
- "Finland, it is quite fine land, may I say"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Finland
- Hotels in Finland
- Transportation in Finland
- Nightlife in Finland
- Restaurants in Finland
- Shopping in Finland
- Warnings and Dangers in Finland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Finland
- 34 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Finland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Finland
- Posted in Travel Miami Beach Forum "Easter in Miami (Beach)"
- Wrote a Review Finnish food -delicacies and specialities in Finland Local Customs
- updated a Finland Travel Page "FinElina's new Finland Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "FinElina's new Finland Page"
- Commented on one of mario_spring_83's Finland travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ancona Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tours Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Finland Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Asikkala Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Italy Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Rome Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
Top Finland hotels
- Helsinki Hotels
- 3683 Reviews - 7470 Photos
- Rovaniemi Hotels
- 361 Reviews - 743 Photos
- Tampere Hotels
- 606 Reviews - 1127 Photos
- Ivalo Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Vantaa Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 107 Photos
- Lappeenranta Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Sirkka Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 19 Photos
- Muonio Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 20 Photos
- Turku Hotels
- 490 Reviews - 1037 Photos
- Kuopio Hotels
- 134 Reviews - 240 Photos
- Pori Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 65 Photos
- Oulu Hotels
- 214 Reviews - 387 Photos
- Jyväskylä Hotels
- 51 Reviews - 51 Photos
- Inari Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 69 Photos
- Rauma Hotels
- 95 Reviews - 222 Photos