"Mount Pilion in central Greece" Oros Pilion by delinikos
Oros Pilion Travel Guide: 157 reviews and 471 photos
Rarely you can find such a travel destination that can combine so many different images and experiences as Mount Pelion.
I used to live in the town of Volos next to the mountain as a kid and last summer I returned as a tourist.
Here are a few pictures, more to follow in the tips section soon...
Several beaches around the mountain for every possible taste.
According to Greek mythology in Mount Pelion lived the centaurs. They were wise creatures with human head, torso and arms and horse body.
Since myths suppose to be symbolisms of our anchestors' fears and desires, it seems that either the prehistoric Greek girls were rather unsatisfied or the prehistoric Greek boys were not so well equipped :p
Well they may just had great imagination after all.
- In a nutshell:Mountain, forest and sea. Perfect for any time of the year
Oros Pilion Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our Long Overdue Return to Pilion"
- "The Beautiful Villages of Pelion"
- "Oros Pilion, a peninsula and a mountain range"
- "Maybe the most wonderful mountain of Greece..."
- "Mount Pilion in central Greece"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oros Pilion
- Hotels in Oros Pilion
- Transportation in Oros Pilion
- Nightlife in Oros Pilion
- Restaurants in Oros Pilion
- Shopping in Oros Pilion
- Warnings and Dangers in Oros Pilion
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oros Pilion
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Oros Pilion?Share Your Travels