"Americana" Shelburne by ExGuyParis
Shelburne Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 34 photos
Electra Havemeyer Webb, the founder of The Shelbourne Museum, was an avid collector. In 1947 she established the Shelburne Museum to share all her treasures with the public.The Shelburne Museum houses a diverse and eclectic melange of Americana accumulated by Electra Webb... collections of weathervanes, ship figureheads, cigar store Indians, pottery, quilts, hat boxes, decoys, carousel animals. As time went on, the size of the collections grew-- and the size of what was collected: a carousel, a covered bridge, a blacksmith shop, several houses and barns, a lighthouse, and a steam ship. Most of the buildings are authentic, and most have been moved from other locations.
The Shelburne Railroad Station "retired South" from its original location to the Shelburne Museum.
Once practical items of daily life, now interesting art / artifacts. The Shelburne Museum had countless examples of once routine items that now fascinate or provoke nostalga.
Electra Webb's collections included a nice sampling of European Impressionist art. These are housed in a newer building,... more travel advice
This Lighthouse was built in 1871to warn of reefs on Champlain, between New York and Vermont. Electra Havemeyer Webb,... more travel advice
ExGuyParis' Related Pages
Shelburne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shelburne, VT.... Eclectic town on Lake Champlain"
- "Vermont Teddy Bear Factory - Shelburne Vermont"
- "Shelburne - home to one of America's best museums"
- "Secluded on the shore of Lake Champlain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shelburne
- Transportation in Shelburne
- Restaurants in Shelburne
- Warnings and Dangers in Shelburne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shelburne
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Shelburne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shelburne
Photos in ShelburneSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 90 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Villanova Intro, 37 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saranac Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chapet Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Prague Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provins Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bayeux Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Cherry Hill Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue