"Villanova, Villanova..." Villanova by ExGuyParis

Villanova Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 48 photos

Oh What A Time It Was!

Villanova University was my home for four years.

Villanova is a small town about 12 miles due west of Philadelphia. It is one of the towns on "The Main Line," a series of small towns where wealthy Philadelphians built summer homes. The term "main line" refers to the railroad line that runs west out of Philadelphia.

I have amazingly fine memories of my Villanova days. This page is a tribute to my fine friends and great experiences there. And overall, it offers a few pointers on how to get the best out of the university experience!

Brothers, Sing On!

Being a member of The Villanova Singers remains, after all these years, one of the best experiences of my life. We had a great German director, who taught us how to make beautiful music. We sang a wide range of classical works, masses, liturgical music, popular tunes, show tunes...

Thirty years later, all that music is still in my head and in my heart.

Hanging Out...

on Villanova.

Hint for any VT newcomers-- you can click on any of these smaller pictures to get a bigger view

• Intro Updated Dec 28, 2006

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2008 at 5:51 PM

what a (great) blast from the past - those old photos sure pack a punch

• evilprebil's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2007 at 7:39 PM

As a Philly area Lifer (who swore she'd live elsewhere) I am especially excited to sin and protest the war. I can say that I only supported the alma mater when I needed the library. :)

• Jan 10, 2007 at 2:22 PM

Kelly's - they definitely brought the flavor back. But wouldn't eat there. My pal slipped in a rather large pile of puke just around the corner as we were heading in. Needless to say, we headed over to Gulliftys

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2006 at 4:19 AM

Oh lordy -- Kelly's??? You guys did have an amazing amount of hair -- a wonderful trip down memory lane indeeed!

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 10:48 AM

Enjoyed your Villanova page. I grew up in Chester County and met my husband at The Tavern in Bala Cyndwyn. Sue

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2005 at 3:21 PM

Interesting trip down memory lane! I can forgive the females in your room (is it still like this in the US???), but the rocking chairs??? Pavaroti looks a good deal slimmer back then!

• billus's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2005 at 7:27 PM

Paul its 1973 mania thanks to Mark Felt. . guitar mass, omg, Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sail Before she sleeps in the sand? The answer oh Lord, is, Kumbaya, the answer is Kumbaya, oh Lord, Kumbaya

• Maillekeukeul's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2005 at 4:35 AM

Ca sent la nostalgie... Superbes photos qui sentent bon les seventies...

• davequ's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2005 at 11:02 AM

Time it was and what a time it was.... this was really very generous and incredibly moving. Much thanks.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 11:50 AM

College is the time to find the meaning of light . . . ;-) A great page to take a trip down memory lane and to see how "studious" you were!! ;-)

ExGuyParis

“Roam where you wnat to, roam around the world...”

Badges & Stats in Villanova

Have you been to Villanova?

Latest Activity in Villanova