"Laura Plantation" Vacherie by ExGuyParis
Vacherie Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 63 photos
About a two hour drive from New Orleans, Laura Plantation is at 2247 River Road (Highway 18) in Vacherie. The plantation has an interesting history; for many years, it was owned and managed by women.
i had the pleasure of conducting a business meeting here, with participants from all around the globe. It was a fascinating place.
Laura Plantation is also noted because here, in the 1870s, Alice Fortier created the Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox folktales (Compair Lapin et Bouki).
For additional pictures and information, see the New Orleans travelogue by SheDragon.
ExGuyParis' Related Pages
Vacherie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hamlet With Two Superlative Plantations"
- "Oak Alley (and Laura)"
- "Laura Plantation"
- "Basaic Vacherie Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vacherie
- Hotels in Vacherie
- Restaurants in Vacherie
- Shopping in Vacherie
- Warnings and Dangers in Vacherie
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vacherie
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Vacherie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vacherie
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 90 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Villanova Intro, 37 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saranac Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chapet Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Prague Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provins Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bayeux Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Cherry Hill Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue