"Czech Please" Prague by ExGuyParis

Prague Travel Guide: 11,874 reviews and 24,810 photos

A delightful city, full of charm (charming people, buildings, restaurants). Architectural gems abound in Prague, from medieval marvels to Art Nouveau wonders.

Prague is probably the most Kafkaesque city in the world (see why in the Must See Activities tips).

I have been to Prague several times, for business meetings. I really fell in love with the place so my family and I spend two weeks in the Czech Republic for vacation, mostly in Prague but also a visit to Brno and some amazing chateaus in the countryside.

For great Prague photos and info, visit the Prague page of DOGEARS.

At First Just Ghostly...

I give up. A ghostly sculpture somewhere in the Czech Republic. I really should write on the back of my photographs. Does anyone know where this is?

Rude, Crude, Lewd, Nude

Bands of very rude garden gnomes can be found in the Czech countryside. (See more under "Warnings or Dangers")

• Intro Updated Jul 10, 2005

• Upstate1NY's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2006 at 3:49 AM

I was there in 1998, unfortunately i did not have a digital camera at that time. I took videos, which can't locate now!. That gives me an excuse to go back soem day so I can take some memorable shots. Nice pic's!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2005 at 5:57 AM

Interesting tips on the puppetry and black light theaters. Sounds like a very lively and varied theater scene!

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2005 at 1:57 AM

I just love the "kafkaesque" tip :-) Prague is an amazing city and you captured the spirit very well!

• themajor's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2005 at 9:27 AM

Goodness! I remember watching the Black Theatre of Prague on television in the 1960s, when they featured pretty regularly on UK screens. Delighted to see they're still going strong - thanks for the tip; I'll make sure I see a show when I visit Prague.

• codrutz's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 3:51 AM

Great job! How did you find those stupid gnoms? :))) Prague is a great city and I instantly felt in love with it. One of this years I will visit again :)

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2005 at 1:42 AM

LOL re the gnomes. Stunning pics! Thanks for the info :) Jen

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 7:13 PM

Prague has been on my wishlist for a few years. Your tips are so unique and informative esp. the ones about the naughty gnomes, the steep escalator (hate to trip on that one), and the fake Eiffel Tower (it looks a bit fat). Thanks for sharing, Paul.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2004 at 8:34 AM

liked your Prague pages - good info - 1 day I will make the trip here.

• Maillekeukeul's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2004 at 5:19 AM

The Czech point !!! You made me laugh !!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2004 at 2:52 AM

Never saw any garden gnomes when I was in Prague...

ExGuyParis

“Roam where you wnat to, roam around the world...”

Badges & Stats in Prague