"Norman Conquest: Château Gaillard" Top 5 Page for this destination Les Andelys by ExGuyParis
Les Andelys Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 89 photos
Along the Seine in Normandy, an easily drive from Paris, you will find Château Gaillard, a fortress built by Richard the Lionhearted in 1196. High on a hill, the castle offers spectacular views of the Seine valley and the charming town at the foot of the hill, Petit Andely.
Les Andelys is abnout 60 miles (100 km) west of Paris. It is an easy drive on the A13, halfway between Paris and Rouen.
If you are visiting Les Andelys, you are just 25 km northwest of Giverny. It is easy to combine a visit to Les Andelys... more travel advice
ExGuyParis' Related Pages
Les Andelys Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LES ANDELYS"
- "A great view over the Seine River"
- "A Lovely Little Village in a Beautiful Setting"
- "Norman Conquest: Château Gaillard"
- "Our first impression of France was a good one"
- "Les Andelys - town of the famous Chateau Gaillard"
- "LES ANDELYS AND RICHARD THE FIRST'S CASTLE"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Les Andelys
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Les Andelys?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Les Andelys
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 90 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Villanova Intro, 37 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saranac Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chapet Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Prague Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provins Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bayeux Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Cherry Hill Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue