"A Passion for Paris" Paris by ExGuyParis
Paris Travel Guide: 22,628 reviews and 55,551 photos
In many ways and on many levels, Paris is the most glorious city in the world. The city of light-- the city of love-- the city of food, the arts, and of "savoir-vivre." Remarkably safe (safer by far than just about any city in the US), saturated with beauty, abundant with culture of all modes and for all proclivities... to me, this is heaven on earth. Each day of living here is filled with new wonders.
Paris is a city made for wandering. Of course there are the famous monuments, museums, and tourist attractions, but the true joy in Paris can be found by wandering the various neighborhoods, hidden gardens, and the "off the beaten path" wonders. You will always find a surprise.
It is no wonder that so many people fall in love with this place, or in this place.
I have lived in Paris twice, for a total of eight years. I've been back in the US now for two years, and I hope that someday my heart will stop aching for Paris!
I worked in the heart of the city, and each day at lunch I spent time wandering and finding some new wonder.
J'ai deux amours-- mon pays et Paris: "I have two loves-- my country and Paris." This line is from a song Josephine Baker made popular a long time ago (recently resuscitated by Madeleine Peyroux), and it certainly hold true for me!
Every time I look down on this timeless town
whether blue or gray be her skies.
Whether loud be her cheers or soft be her tears,
more and more do I realize:
I love Paris in the springtime.
I love Paris in the fall.
I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles,
I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles.
I love Paris every moment,
every moment of the year.
I love Paris, why, oh why do I love Paris?
Because my love is near.
I wholeheartedly agree with you, Cole !
It has been a painful departure.
My Friend Art and I spent a snowy winter day exploring the wintery wonders of the city. He snapped this shot from the rooftop terrace of Galeries Lafayette on Blvd. Haussmann. The city is typically quite cloudy in winter; the sun is a rare treat. The days are short.
This is compensated by the very long periods of daylight in the summer!
- Pros:The greatest city in the world
- Cons:Les Bouchons (see local customs)
- In a nutshell:J'adore Paris; Paris me manque beaucoup! (I miss Paris very much)
Famed French designer Andrée Putnam "attacked" a townhouse built in 1890 to create a fascinating blend of minimalist... more travel advice
We chose Bel Canto for our Thanksgiving dinner. The formula of this restaurant-- the staff is comprised of opera... more travel advice
- See All A Shrine to the Glories of France
- See All Hallowed Hall
- See All Oh Well...
- Mastering the Métro
- See All Say It With Style
ExGuyParis' Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 90 Reviews
- 123 Photos
- 47 Forum posts
- 180 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 90 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Villanova Intro, 37 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saranac Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chapet Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Prague Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provins Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bayeux Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Cherry Hill Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue