"Reaching for the Moon" Plogoff by ExGuyParis
Plogoff Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 32 photos
Pointe du Raz is the point the furthest west in France. Located in Britany (Bretagne), this desolate, impressive landscape is a beautiful, humbling place. This statue of Notre-Dame des Naufragés-- "Our Lady of the Shipwrecks"-- is quite moving.
There is a new visitor center, and plenty of parking.
Within a geography the size of Texas, France manages to pack in remarkably diverse landscapes and cultures. In Brittany the food is different, as is the architecture... and even the language. For example, I am essentially fluent in French, but "Ya 'vat, labourat a ran kalz bemdez. Kelenn a ran er Skol-Veur, ha studiañ a ran kalz: lenn a ran e pep lec'h, er gêr, er bus, en ostaleri. Ne ran nemet labourat." is Greek to me! Actually, it is Breton, a Celtic language spoken daily by more than a quarter million French.
ExGuyParis' Related Pages
Plogoff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Horseback riding on the wild cliffs of Brittany"
- "The Westernmost Town on Cape Sizun"
- "Reaching for the Moon"
- "Pointe du Raz / Pointe du Van"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Plogoff
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Plogoff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plogoff
Photos in PlogoffSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 90 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Villanova Intro, 37 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saranac Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chapet Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Prague Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provins Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bayeux Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Cherry Hill Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue