"Welcome to Sumit's HomePage" sumit_b's Profile
"There's no place like México,
there's no place like Croatia,
there's no place like Singapore..."
A little about the place I call home - I live in the city of Tampa located on the west coast of Florida. The population is roughly 2 million people. The tampa bay area consists of other cities including St Petersburg and Clearwater. Each one has plenty of beaches to offer. Not to say that the beaches are the only attraction. There is also... er.. well... hmm... I can't think of anything else :)
For a glimpse of the life here, take a look at my personal album labelled 'Tampa.'
About 90 minutes drive away is Orlando. The tourism capital of the world! Its is home to numerous theme parks. One must take pilgrimage to Disney atleast once in their lifetime.
On the east coast of florida are Cape Caneveral and Miami. Space shuttle launches are spectacular. They are visible all the way from Tampa! The general area is called the space coast. It consists of the Kennedy Space Center and a national preserve. Miami, on the other hand, is less high-tech and more culture oriented. Going further down, you reach the southern most tip of continental US in the Keys. Cuba is just a few kilometers off teh coast.
Listed below are some of my travels outside america. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Accompanying text is coming soon, please stand by...
In the summer of 1999, while I was still in college (and bored), I decided I would go to a place where few others go. Alaska was a prime candidate and it won (being the only one in the list!)
Initially, I was hesitant to take this trip in summer. Popular TV had painted a picture that consisted of tourists, beaches and unbearable heat. As I did research on my own, I discovered what this beautiful country really had to offer. 2 flights later, I was there.
A trip to Slovenia - who would have thought?!?! This was the highlight of 2002 for me. While there, I also made short trips to Italy and Hungary.
I had long dreamed of travelling in Spain. This beautiful country is a great place to visit. So, I finally took the trip in June before it got too hot.
This was my first travel to the southern hemisphere. I had the opportunity for visit three very different regions of the country - Salta, Buenos Aires and Misiones (Iguazu Falls).
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 71 Reviews
- 169 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tampa Bay Area meeting"
- sumit_b and Anisha1 are now friends.
- Commented on acemj's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: A New VT Chat?"
- updated a Monte Albán Travel Page "Monte Alban"
- Wrote a Review Lettuce Lake Park in Tampa Off The Beaten Path
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Sumit's HomePage"
Top 10 Pages
- Tampa Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Slovenia Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cafayate Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Alaska Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atlanta Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22165 Reviews - 53882 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23062 Reviews - 47262 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4464 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7633 Reviews - 19478 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos