"Faulkton-The Carousel City" Faulkton by BLSM
Faulkton Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 50 photos
Faulkton is called the Carousel City because we have a 1925 CW Parker Carousel owned by the city.
Faulkton is a rural town of about 700 souls in a county (Faulk County) of about 3000. We are 50 to 60 miles to the next town. That means a 1 hour drive to McDonalds or Walmart.
Most of Faulkton was settled by homesteaders. Some of the older houses in town were moved in on horse drawn skids from the town of LaFoon when the railroad bypassed it in the 1890's.
Faulkton can claim as residents- 2 SD Govenors, a US Representative, and the first woman doctor and first woman pharmacist licensed in the state.
- In a nutshell:Small Town Living- Friendly nosy neighbors and all
Above Lake Faulkton is a 9 hole golf course with grass greens and watered fairways. This is a view of the golf course at... more travel advice
This is a view of the new Lakeside Country club house built in 1998. It is part of the golf course. Memberships and... more travel advice
BLSM's Related Pages
Faulkton Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Faulkton
- 19 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Faulkton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Faulkton
Top 10 Pages
- Faulkton Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mitchell Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- South Dakota Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 4 travelogues
- Minneapolis Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aberdeen Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Badlands National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 1 review, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Watertown Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
No friends yet.