"Chongqing" Top 5 Page for this destination Chongqing by herzog63
Chongqing Travel Guide: 223 reviews and 751 photos
Chongqing is different than other cities in China that I visited....No Bicycles! I hardly saw any here and the reason is that the city is built on a series of hills that are fairly steep. You will get a work out as you wander around the city! There is cool walk to do that takes you seemingly right through peoples houses. It is on the side of the peninsula that over looks the Yangtze River. A first impression gives it a run down look but I had a blast exploring this area and the people were very friendly too! It made me feel like I was walking around China in the 1800's! WARNING!! As with all of my other China pages be warned that these tips and stories are all based on my 1987 trip so for sure prices have changed and hotels or restaurants won't/might not be there anymore!!
- Pros:Great City to explore
- Cons:Can't think of any....
- In a nutshell:Lot's of hills
On our first evening of travel we stopped in a town called Wanxian. It is a cool looking city that is set up on hill. We... more travel advice
As with other cities in China there seemed to be a regular crowd of street exercisers to be found. I remember being... more travel advice
herzog63's Related Pages
Chongqing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chongqing - the mountain city"
- "Chongqing and the Yangzi River"
- "The world's largest city?"
- "Start of the Yangzi River Cruise"
- "Amazing Chongqing"
- "MacKiwi's Chongqing Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chongqing
- Hotels in Chongqing
- Transportation in Chongqing
- Nightlife in Chongqing
- Restaurants in Chongqing
- Shopping in Chongqing
- Warnings and Dangers in Chongqing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chongqing
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 61 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Chongqing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chongqing
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues