Guangzhou Hotel Tips by herzog63 Top 5 Page for this destination
Guangzhou Hotels: 21,358 reviews and 136 photos
When I first got off the train I was looking for a hotel that I had noticed in the Lonely Planet guide that sounded quit cheap. But when I got there the cheapest rooms that I could muster where over $20 per night and on my budget I would have rather slept in the hedges!!! LOL So after wasting 30 minutes trying to get a cheap room there I figured I'd try the Youth Hostel on Shamian Island. The next trip was to figure out how to get there as it seemed like quite a distance from the Railway station. I found another Hong Konger that spoke English and asked if you could ask someone which bus went to Shamian Island and I actually ended up with good instructions and got myself and my backpack onto a local bus for the cross town ride for just pennies. I felt lucky as the youth hostel had beds available in the dorm for 8 FEC (US$4.35). I stayed for 3 nights here..(again remember this is 1987)
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Shamian Island Near the White Swan Hotel
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (23)
herzog63's Related Pages
Guangzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nuthin' But a "GZ" Thang"
- "Guangzhou - From back in the day....."
- "Guangzhou - My Chinese Home"
- "The Gateway to China"
- "Joe Cooper's Guangzhou Page"
- "Guangzhou (广州)"
- "Guangdong Pearl River Delta: Land of Fish And Rice"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guangzhou
- Hotels in Guangzhou
- Transportation in Guangzhou
- Nightlife in Guangzhou
- Restaurants in Guangzhou
- Shopping in Guangzhou
- Warnings and Dangers in Guangzhou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guangzhou
- 24 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 52 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Guangzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guangzhou
- updated a Guangzhou Travel Page "Guangzhou - From back in the day....."
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "Re: price of honey in..."
- Wrote a Review Markets are not for the queasy stomachs...... in Guangzhou Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Markets are not for the queasy stomachs......"
- Commented on one of Guantanamera's Guangzhou travel pages
Photos in GuangzhouSee All Photos (24)
Read real reviews about Guangzhou Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (97)
- Six Banyan Temple- 17 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Temple of Chen Family- 13 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Sun Yatsen Memorial Hall- 13 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Orchid Garden- 13 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Temple of the Five Celestial Beings- 8 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Yuexiu Park- 8 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Guangxiao Temple- 10 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Memorial Garden to the Martyrs- 6 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Museum of the Mausoleum of the Nanyue King- 7 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Five Rams Statue- 8 Reviews, 16 Photos
See All Guangzhou Things to Do