"Guangzhou - From back in the day....." Top 5 Page for this destination Guangzhou by herzog63
Guangzhou Travel Guide: 979 reviews and 2,333 photos
After spending several months in the Philippines I decided to check out something a little different. China sounded very interesting as I had met several travelers that had just come out of China....At the time it seemed like things were opening up. Back then there were only select cities that could be visited without a special "Travel Permit" This is all but history now I believe. Guangzhou was my first city to visit in China and it opened my eyes to the wonderful people,sights and tastes that China had to offer!! Sadly I didn't take very many photos here....
WARNING!! As with all of my other China pages all of the stories , tips etc...are all based off my trip of 1987 so all prices quoted and places that I stayed at or ate at or visited Could/Will be different. I just want to share them with you as I believe China is a destination for everyone!!
- Pros:Close to Hong Kong, Great Attractions , Yummy Food!
- In a nutshell:Hope you can go!!
If your stomach gets queasy from watching animals get butchered before your very eyes do not visit the Qing Ping... more travel advice
Renting a bicycle would be a cool way to get around Gaungzhou. I didn't rent one here but I did see a couple of places... more travel advice
herzog63's Related Pages
Guangzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nuthin' But a "GZ" Thang"
- "Guangzhou - From back in the day....."
- "Guangzhou - My Chinese Home"
- "The Gateway to China"
- "Joe Cooper's Guangzhou Page"
- "Guangzhou (广州)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guangzhou
- Hotels in Guangzhou
- Transportation in Guangzhou
- Nightlife in Guangzhou
- Restaurants in Guangzhou
- Shopping in Guangzhou
- Warnings and Dangers in Guangzhou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guangzhou
- 24 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 52 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (72)
Have you been to Guangzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guangzhou
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "Re: price of honey in..."
- Wrote a Review Markets are not for the queasy stomachs...... in Guangzhou Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Markets are not for the queasy stomachs......"
- created a Guangzhou Travel Page "Guangzhou - From back in the day....."
- Commented on one of Guantanamera's Guangzhou travel pages
Photos in GuangzhouSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues