Guilin Things to Do Tips by herzog63 Top 5 Page for this destination

Guilin Things to Do: 200 reviews and 391 photos

Guilin - Guilin

Guilin

Sunny day from Elephant Trunk Hill

Hopefully you'll get a sunny day if you visit Guilin. I had all rain and wind except one morning there was some sunshine! I chose that morning to climb Elephant Trunk Hill. It's another of the Limestone mountains with steep steps to get you to the top. When I got to the top there wasn't anyone else up there with me so wrote a bunch of postcards and I took my shoes and socks off to allow them to dry from the many days of walking in the rain!! I only had 2 pair of socks with me so I didn't have much choice each day but to chose the driest pair to wear!! haha I know I could have bought more but then all I'd be doing is carrying around more wet socks!! And we all know what wet socks smell like?!?! haha

Directions: It's along the Li River on the South-east part of town.

• Written Oct 6, 2003
Seven Star Park - Guilin

Seven Star Park

Seven Star Park - Cool Caves

Within the Wixing Gongyuan ( Seven Star Park) you can find 6 caves that have interesting formations all with pretty cool names like Monkey scratching his butt or Big Dragon breathing fire...well I made those up but the real names are similar to those. One of the Grottoes called Crystal Palace of the Dragon King can hold 1000 people in it. It's a great place to spend a few hours.
It cost 6 FEC (US$1.60) for foreigners to get in and for locals it was .80 Fen (US$.16 cents) not FEC's so being the cheap traveler that I was. I spotted the sign in English that the student rate was the same as the local rate so I put one of my passport photos inside of my health certificate and showed that and it worked for my discount...I know most of you are saying Whoopie!! ahha You just saved $1.44 what a loser. Well as you may have read on some of my other pages I was on a 7 month trip and had to watch how I spent my money or the trip would come to an end!

Directions: You can get to the Seven Star Park by crossing the Liberation Bridge to the eastern side of town.

• Written Oct 5, 2003
Fubo Hill - Guilin

Fubo Hill

Fubo Hill

Another of the cool Limestone mountains to climb is Fubo Hill. It is located right next to the Li River. You could hike up this one after visiting Duxiu Feng or if you're going to be in Guilin for a few days visit one each day so you don't get burned out on climbing the hills. This is what I did.

Directions: to the north end of town...buses are available from the train station. Renting a bicycle is great too.. I did this a couple of days.

• Written Oct 5, 2003

herzog63

“Enjoy Life ...You Only Have One!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Guilin