"Luoyang- Home of the Longmen Caves" Top 5 Page for this destination Luoyang by herzog63

Luoyang Travel Guide: 157 reviews and 520 photos

Longmen Caves

This is a cool series of Buddhist caves that were built 1600 years ago! The series of Caves is called Longmen Caves. Many of the statues are damaged. These caves are the main attraction in Louyang. I arrived early in the morning then stowed my backpack at the train station and bought a hardseat ticket on the night train (8 hours) to Xian. I enjoyed my Cold, Rainy day here!

• Pros:Cool caves
  • Cons:I didn't spend enough time here! hhaha
  • In a nutshell:I'd love to go back!
  • Last visit to Luoyang: Feb 1987
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2003

• Pixiekatten's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2008 at 6:16 AM

Wow .. amazing pics! Goin here this summer so I had to check out some pages.. :)) Thanks for sharing!

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2007 at 6:45 AM

Very nice and interesting tips to prepare my next travel I hope to have more luck than you with the train tickets

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 6:36 AM

The caves sure look like an amazing place to visit, but it sounds like your train trip was the most interesting part of your trip.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2004 at 3:11 PM

As you say, amazing!

• we2364's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2004 at 3:59 AM

You are being too well-treated by Chinese people as you are the few foreigners stepped into China when it just opened up. Lucky Scott!

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2004 at 4:15 AM

Great story!! Longmen Caves - I should have visited them!

• dinhyen's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2004 at 11:30 AM

An 8-hour train ride with a guy sleeping on your lap... you sure know how to create your own fun while travelling :)

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2003 at 12:08 PM

ok after knowing u i know for sure u missed exploring the caves for a week. u still regret not taking all those pictures of buddha from all angles. and of course, i have visited china more to share about :-)

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2003 at 4:44 PM

you are lucky that you get away with out losing anything.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2003 at 6:11 PM

What's good enough for matcrazy1 is good enough for me:))) This page os stunning, amazing -- UNIQUE --- niiiiiiiiiiceeee :))))

herzog63

“Enjoy Life ...You Only Have One!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Luoyang

Have you been to Luoyang?

Latest Activity in Luoyang