"Luoyang- Home of the Longmen Caves" Top 5 Page for this destination Luoyang by herzog63
Luoyang Travel Guide: 157 reviews and 520 photos
This is a cool series of Buddhist caves that were built 1600 years ago! The series of Caves is called Longmen Caves. Many of the statues are damaged. These caves are the main attraction in Louyang. I arrived early in the morning then stowed my backpack at the train station and bought a hardseat ticket on the night train (8 hours) to Xian. I enjoyed my Cold, Rainy day here!
- Pros:Cool caves
- Cons:I didn't spend enough time here! hhaha
- In a nutshell:I'd love to go back!
With the combination of the fatigue and "katuk katuk" sound that the train made I fell sound asleep!! I woke up with a... more travel advice
This has to be one of the wackiest train rides that I've ever had!! I was approached by a group college age local... more travel advice
herzog63's Related Pages
Luoyang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My second hometown"
- "Living in Luoyang..."
- "Luoyang- Home of the Longmen Caves"
- "The best of China so far"
- "City of Peonies"
- "Luoyang: off the international tourist beaten path"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Luoyang
- Hotels in Luoyang
- Transportation in Luoyang
- Nightlife in Luoyang
- Restaurants in Luoyang
- Shopping in Luoyang
- Warnings and Dangers in Luoyang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Luoyang
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 47 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Luoyang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luoyang
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues