"Yichang" Top 5 Page for this destination Yichang by herzog63

Yichang Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 167 photos

Yichang was kinda off the beaten path

When I went to Yichang in 1987 there was only 1 other foreigner that got off the boat with me. He was a Dutch guy.His name was Ger. We hung out together as we wandered around what seemed to be a sleepy, grey city. The information that I have here will probably not be of any current use as from what I understand the Huge dam project is changing the face of the whole area. So Hopefully you can enjoy my pictures but you will need to check other sites for good current information. Yichang had it's share of the stare crowds. But overall I found it to be very friendly. We happened to walk past a school just as the kids were getting out so for the next couple of hours we had about 50 kids following in our footsteps sort of Pied Piper style! They didn't speak any English and we only new a few words of Chinese between us but it was fun.

School Kids

Here you can see the kids just mobbed us. They were showing us their school work, books and of course explaining it all to us. It was a pretty fun day after being on the ferryboat from Chongqing for 1½ days!

• Pros:Friendly Kids!!
  • Last visit to Yichang: Feb 1987
  • Intro Written Nov 3, 2002

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2005 at 5:09 PM

It certainly is meaningful to anyone who takes the time to read it, Scott. The photos of the children are magnificent! Loved the personal tales of your adventures.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2004 at 11:17 PM

Great stories and pics!!! Makes me kind of homesick of China

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2004 at 5:06 PM

Great page as always! We love the stories that go along with your tips Scott, you should be a writer! Thanks for sharing! :o)

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2004 at 2:55 PM

Very interesting page for a nice place,great photos.Very funny photos with kids!!!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2004 at 3:56 AM

great page!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2003 at 3:06 AM

Seems tranquil and nice! Is there a lot to see and to do there?

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2003 at 11:16 AM

i decided to start on ur updated china pages off the beaten path. i must say marco polo would envy ur ecplorations of this country :-)

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2003 at 2:46 PM

I will not complain about my job any more :-) Great Scott

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2003 at 12:43 PM

Hiya Scott, another fine page and another place i would dearly love to visit.

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2003 at 9:13 PM

I was afraid the 3 Gorges views were things of the past.

herzog63

“Enjoy Life ...You Only Have One!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Yichang

Have you been to Yichang?

Latest Activity in Yichang