"Yichang" Top 5 Page for this destination Yichang by herzog63
Yichang Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 167 photos
When I went to Yichang in 1987 there was only 1 other foreigner that got off the boat with me. He was a Dutch guy.His name was Ger. We hung out together as we wandered around what seemed to be a sleepy, grey city. The information that I have here will probably not be of any current use as from what I understand the Huge dam project is changing the face of the whole area. So Hopefully you can enjoy my pictures but you will need to check other sites for good current information. Yichang had it's share of the stare crowds. But overall I found it to be very friendly. We happened to walk past a school just as the kids were getting out so for the next couple of hours we had about 50 kids following in our footsteps sort of Pied Piper style! They didn't speak any English and we only new a few words of Chinese between us but it was fun.
Here you can see the kids just mobbed us. They were showing us their school work, books and of course explaining it all to us. It was a pretty fun day after being on the ferryboat from Chongqing for 1½ days!
- Pros:Friendly Kids!!
When it came time to say goodbye we each took a photo as we where going to get our train tickets. I'm sure the parents... more travel advice
There are many local restaurants to chose from. We chose a localy style restaurant that had a few people in it as we... more travel advice
herzog63's Related Pages
Yichang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Entrance to the Yangtze River gorge area"
- "Beautiful Gateway to Changjiang (Yangtze River)"
- "Yichang - Gateway to the Three Gorges Dam."
- "Yichang and the 3 Gorges"
- "Home of the Three Gorges Project"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yichang
- Hotels in Yichang
- Transportation in Yichang
- Restaurants in Yichang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yichang
- 14 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 62 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Yichang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yichang
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues