"Old Orchard Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Old Orchard Beach by herzog63

Old Orchard Beach Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 130 photos

One of Maines most popular Beaches!

Old Orchard Beach has a long history!! I believe that it had the first Merry go round in America! Don't quote me on that! But that's what I remember reading but my memory isn't what it used to be or at least I think I don't remember stuff! LOL Well anyways .......OOB is it is locally called is a fun place to spend some time in the Summer. It has a Great beach, A pier with small shops on it and is close to other stuff in Southern Maine. There are also some Great Sand Castle Builders...check out the picture with my son.

• Pros:Great Beach...Great Lobster!!
  • In a nutshell:Maine in the summertime!!
  • Last visit to Old Orchard Beach: Jul 2001
  • Intro Updated Jan 14, 2003

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2005 at 5:50 PM

ok i visited this page to feel good that perhaps maine is more northerly and cooler than southern ontario. i liked the tips on northern vs southern people feel of water, hadji's fire and lobsters with sweet corn :-)

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2005 at 2:38 PM

It sounds like a great family GTG. I loved the sand castle. I wonder how long it took to build that? You are so right, there is nothing like a main lobster.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 2:55 PM

Mmmmm. Lobster!! Nice to swim in an ocean after a 20 year break. Don't like the warning and danger! I can't believe my hero, Hadji would ever be disobedient! ;-)

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2005 at 1:13 PM

Maine looks lovely. Are there lighthouses here? I always think of lighthouses and Maine go together. I too swam in the Atlantic in 2003 in Virginia Beach!

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2005 at 9:50 AM

I love lobster too, but it's so much work to get at the meat. I'm from the South and I'd probably wonder when the ice truck left on dipping a toe in that cold North Atlantic water.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2004 at 9:00 AM

Looks like you had a great time at OOB! Of course, hard to go wrong with lobster and corn on hand!! And yes, nothing like a bracing swim in the North Atlantic Ocean!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2004 at 1:46 PM

Lobster or salmon, is it always something from the sea, but I was just wondering, was that means going south for you?

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2004 at 1:57 PM

Old Orchard Beach is a beautiful place to have some fun and relax!.It seems that you had lots of fun with your family in Maine,and the lobsters looks yummy!!

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2004 at 12:03 PM

I guess that was would be warm compared to AK. That's another thing I never did...anytime it was about 80 degrees, those Sitkans were in the ocean. I think North Carolina's water is cold!! Great page, good lobsters! hehe:)

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2004 at 6:48 AM

Great memories ... for you and your family:))) Brings back those idyllic times when I was young ...

herzog63

“Enjoy Life ...You Only Have One!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Old Orchard Beach

Have you been to Old Orchard Beach?

Latest Activity in Old Orchard Beach