"Nenana - Home of the Ice Classic" Nenana by herzog63
Nenana Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 61 photos
Nenana is a cool little town that is located at mile 305 just off off the Parks Highway. A cool time to visit would be between Mid-April to Mid May as that is the time the Spring Ice break-up occurs and some lucky winner takes home about $300,000 from guessing the correct time of the break-up!! But Nenana has alot to offer for the visitor at any time of year.
- Pros:Great place for the Alaskan experience!
- Cons:Far from Anchorage
- In a nutshell:You'll enjoy your visit!
The hill that is behind the town and across the river is called Toghotthele Hill. So when the first white men came to... more travel advice
There are several options for staying in Nenana....Camping, RV Parks, Motel, Inn, Bed and Breakfasts. I didn't stay at... more travel advice
herzog63's Related Pages
Nenana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nenana - Home of the Ice Classic"
- "HOME OF THE ICE CLASSIC!"
- "A small picturesque town"
- "FandA_Veale's Corner"
- "The Alaskan lottery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nenana
- Hotels in Nenana
- Transportation in Nenana
- Nightlife in Nenana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nenana
- 19 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 44 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Nenana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nenana
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues