"Anton Larsen Bay and Pyramid Mountain" Larsen Island by herzog63

Larsen Island Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 62 photos

4 Season Fun!!

Anton Larsen Bay is home to many secluded Islands some inhabited some are not. The area is used in all four seasons by the locals. Fishing, Hunting, Hiking, Bird watching, Skiing, Boat riding,Snowboarding, Sledding, Crabing, Digging Clams, Salmon Berry Picking, Riding (in car) and enjoying the views, Snow Machine riding, 4 Wheeling, Bear Viewing (if you are lucky), Wildlife Viewing are some of the many activities enjoyed in this area.

This page is built under Larsen Island....Well I've never actually set foot on Larsen Island which is the biggest Island in Anton Larsen Bay but I've been quite near it as it's only a a few hundred feet from the shore of Kodiak. If you go hiking in Anton Larsen Bay you will pass near it.....but without a boat you won't get on it. I don't actually have a good photo of the Island either. You can blame this page on Wal (Pepples46) it's her idea!!! haha

• Pros:Tons of fun!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cons:None!!!
  • In a nutshell:Tons of Funnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Last visit to Larsen Island: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 18, 2004

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2006 at 11:31 AM

Hi Scott, everytime i go on your pages i always feel cold, next time im going to put a coat on LOL, how are you anyway, b,t,w superb page.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2004 at 3:00 AM

I also love snow and agree with Natalina, great page and I like it! ;-))

• SirRichard's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2004 at 5:38 AM

"If you stop playing there is a danger of freezing"... wow, that really looks inviting, 24 hours FUN non-stop!! U got some interesting islands up there, Scott, LOL

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2004 at 10:27 AM

Ok so it took me 3-4 days to travel to the area. the landscape n scenery looks very different fom where we live. snow looks gr8 n so does sledding. gr8 pictures all around the page.

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2004 at 9:29 AM

Maybe invisable Rabbits, Scott :0)) It looks like you and Hadji had a lot of fun, I still say too cold for me though ;0)

• dinhyen's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2004 at 11:23 AM

I wish I had Duke's tolerance for the cold. What morning commute traffic you have up here... One thing that upsets me: Hadji is wearing a Yankees hat! We'll see who has the last laughs this year, just you wait, mwahahah.

• MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2004 at 8:19 PM

Love this page. I've gotta go up north one of these days! Alaska's definitely on my wish list.

• AndyRG's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2004 at 4:45 PM

Tons of FUN!!!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2004 at 7:40 AM

Wonderful winter fun page Scott!!! Loved reading it! Cool that you see so much wildlife around! I spotted a deer in my backgarden the other day (first time), so cooool!

• salinhopt's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2004 at 2:15 PM

Fantastic adventure there Scott! I can see you had a great time! I can imagine the cold... brrrrr :) Great page!

herzog63

“Enjoy Life ...You Only Have One!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Larsen Island

Have you been to Larsen Island?

Latest Activity in Larsen Island