Kodiak Packing List Tips by herzog63 Top 5 Page for this destination
Kodiak What to Pack: 7 reviews and 7 photos
Luggage and bags: A backpack works well. It really depends on how you like to travel. A waterproof bag is advisable as Kodiak gets its share of rain!
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Everything should be waterproof or at least water resistant.
Photo Equipment: Film is available at many stores. If you shoot rare film you better bring it with you though. Even Slide film is hard to come by here.
Miscellaneous: There are many opportunities for camping in Kodiak. There are 3 State Parks..Fort Abercrombie $8-$10 p/night..Buskin River State Park $8-$10 p/night and Pashagahsak State Park...Free. Pashagshak is about 40 miles from downtown. Plus there are so many places to go backcountry camping that are free. Keep a clean campsite. Don't attract bears!! You don't want them visiting while your sleeping!! Bears love a free meal.
Luggage and bags: Back Packs and Duffel bags work real well if you are going to be flying in any of the small planes going out to the backcountry of Kodiak.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: WATERPROOF!! If you are going to spend time in Kodiak's backcountry everything must be waterproof.
Photo Equipment: Bring lots of film as there are many photo opportunities
Miscellaneous: If you go fishing and would like to take some fish home with you this is the place to go. Island Seafoods can fillet package and freeze your catch snd get it shipped home to you.
More Reviews (102)
- See All Useful Links
- See All Beware of icy and snowy roads in the the...
- See All Fishing in the fog
- See All Beware of the Fog!
- See All Fishing from the beach
- See All Bed and breakfast
herzog63's Related Pages
Kodiak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kodiak Alaska"
- "A Town Like Any Other Town, But With a Difference"
- "Kodiak Alaska -- My Home Town"
- "The Emerald Isle"
- "NORTH to ALASKA!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kodiak
- Hotels in Kodiak
- Transportation in Kodiak
- Nightlife in Kodiak
- Restaurants in Kodiak
- Shopping in Kodiak
- Warnings and Dangers in Kodiak
- See All...
Explore the World
- Vernazza Hotels
- Kelawai Hotels
- San José del Cabo
- Chennai (Madras)
- Isola San Giulio Hotels
- Stony Lake Hotels
Badges & Stats in Kodiak
- 104 Reviews
- 179 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 322 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Kodiak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kodiak
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (98)
Latest Kodiak hotel reviews