"Kodiak Alaska" Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak by herzog63
Kodiak Travel Guide: 256 reviews and 446 photos
The Kodiak Brown Bear isn't the easiest animal to spot and quite often they will be spotted when you are not prepared to see them. The look cute and cuddly but they are not Cuddly!! hahahha Always keep a safe distance especially when a Mother bear is with her Baby bear! Or if you just see a Baby bear you better be very keen because Mama is very near by.
This is from this summer on our hike up Barometer Mountain. By the time we got to the top we were completely fogged in and couldn't see more than a few feet! And the wind was blowing 45 -50 MPH! We didn't pick the right day to go. It was beautiful and sunny with no wind half way down the mountain. But that can happen on any mountain.
If you enjoy this Kodiak page you might want to check out my Kodiak Island or Chiniak Island pages as well. They have some different information and pictures. Enjoy!! If you have any questions about Kodiak Island feel free to email me and I'll get back with you as soon as I can!!
This is from this past summer 2002 our hike up Pyramid Mountain (2420 Ft.). It was a great day for a hike! You can find the trail head at mile 5.7 on the Anton Larsen Bay Road.
- Pros:Beautiful Island, Great Fishing, Great Hunting!
- In a nutshell:You'll have a great time!
Kodiak Daily Mirror This one is our local newspaper so if you want to read current events about the happenings in and... more travel advice
Many people come to Kodiak every year to try and find a job in the fishing industry. Many do and many don't. The... more travel advice
- See All Beware of the Fog!
- See All Fishing from the beach
- See All Bed and breakfast
- See All Lot's of daylight in summer!
- See All Crab Festival - 2003
herzog63's Related Pages
Kodiak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kodiak Alaska"
- "A Town Like Any Other Town, But With a Difference"
- "Kodiak Alaska -- My Home Town"
- "The Emerald Isle"
- "NORTH to ALASKA!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kodiak
- Hotels in Kodiak
- Transportation in Kodiak
- Nightlife in Kodiak
- Restaurants in Kodiak
- Shopping in Kodiak
- Warnings and Dangers in Kodiak
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kodiak
- 104 Reviews
- 179 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 296 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Kodiak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kodiak
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues