"Kenai River and King Salmon" Top 5 Page for this destination Kenai by herzog63

Kenai Travel Guide: 103 reviews and 240 photos

The All-Star trip and Checking out the Kenai

Most people that visit Kenai are going to Fish! I am an avid fisherman but I didn't bring a fishing pole on this trip as I was coaching an 11-12 year-old All-Star Baseball team and didn't want my mind to wander from the task of coaching and having fun with the team! We did take a trip to the mouth of the Kenai River to watch the locals Dipnet for Red Salmon.

• Pros:Big Fish
  • Cons:Lot's of Mobile Homes
  • In a nutshell:Good fishing!
  • Last visit to Kenai: Jul 2002
  • Intro Written Feb 19, 2003

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2005 at 12:32 PM

We should've tried one of those nets on the humpies. Maybe we would've caught something. I think I'd be too much of a wimp to stand waist deep in that Arctic water. Brrrrrr!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 3:33 PM

You are a man of many hats also, Scott. Very nice page, hard to belive that you could resist fishing.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2004 at 7:11 PM

Quite an interesting blend of fishing and baseball here! You must have been in heaven! I hadn't realized the Alaska league had such distinguished players. Great Moose tip too, those critters don't know who is supposed to be boss!

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2004 at 11:02 AM

A nice blend of fish and baseball -- it's fun to see a younger Hadji -- It's a great page [or I'll eat my hat:)))]

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2004 at 8:18 AM

Wow, what a moose! I saw many moose-girls and a few big moose-boys in the USA. Hmm... could I get a few lessons there: of fishing and baseball ? I can teach European football in reverse :-)

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2004 at 2:44 AM

Baseball, Fishing, Formula 1 ... that's a cool place Scotty! ;-)))

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2004 at 10:33 AM

If the moose don't watch for the cars why don't the officials install traffic lights with a moose image for the red and green light so that they can comprehend. By the way, I heard European elks like cooked potatoes a lot - what about the American moose?

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2003 at 5:23 PM

REAL fishing is the kind out at Pasagshak! You sure the Grizzly People didn't get their caps here before parachuting into Katmai?

• salinhopt's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2003 at 1:51 PM

What a game Scott! Well done! :)

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2003 at 2:55 PM

Had to smile about this page: moose as nightlife info, baseball and autographs, Kodiak All-Stars at the Kenai, a quick visit in the hat collection - great fun!

herzog63

“Enjoy Life ...You Only Have One!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Kenai