Cambodia Off The Beaten Path Tips by herzog63 Top 5 Page for this destination
Cambodia Off The Beaten Path: 136 reviews and 195 photos
I noticed on certain parts of Angkor Wat that some of the carvings had the bleached look and other parts had the old look. I don't know what caused it but I thought it was interesting. The White part looks like it has been treated with a strong chemical such as a strong acid.
Banteay Srei Tower
Banteay Srei is out away from Siem Reap but if you have time it is an enjoyable place to visit. It's worth it just for the ride there! You will see small villages and farmers working the rice fields along the way.
There are many cool photo oppurtunities with doorways as many of the roofs of the temples are missing allowing you to see through many doorways at a time. Well maybe not everyone is into them like me. But I thought I'd point it out. LOL
The lake at Sras Srang is a nice place to take a break. You can watch the kids swimming. They are very friendly. There will probably be a couple of them wanting to sell cold drinks, post card or film though. It is right across the road from Banteay Kdei which is worth a visit too. I would probably be really fun to jump in and go swimming with the kids and it would be refreshing too!
There are lots of smaller temples that are pretty cool to explore. But be careful not to venture off well marked trails as there are still plenty of landmines around. In some places you will see signs warning you of this and other places there won't be any signs at all.
More Reviews (61)
- See All Tower of Banteay Srei
- See All Bantey Srei's very intricate carvings
- See All Motorcyles,motorcycles and more...
- See All Vertigo
- Madness at Phnom Bakheng
herzog63's Related Pages
Cambodia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MORE THAN JUST THE ANGKOR TEMPLES"
- "The country of Angkor"
- "Angkor Archeological Park, Cambodia"
- "Sharrie's Cambodia Dignity"
- "Cambodia 2002"
- "Ancient temples and smiling Khmers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cambodia
- Hotels in Cambodia
- Transportation in Cambodia
- Nightlife in Cambodia
- Restaurants in Cambodia
- Shopping in Cambodia
- Warnings and Dangers in Cambodia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambodia
- 166 Reviews
- 219 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Cambodia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambodia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues