"Cambodia 2002" Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia by herzog63
Cambodia Travel Guide: 9,033 reviews and 25,609 photos
Cambodia is a beautiful country that is on the rebound of a terrible time in it's history. There are so many awesome Temples to visit that you would need years to visit them all. Most people know about Angkor Wat. As it was used as a site to film the movie Tomb Raider starring Angeline Jolie. Angkor is defintely not to be missed. The Cambodian people are very friendly. When I travelled there I went with my 11 year-old son. The people really responded to him. We had a Great Time visiting Temples and riding motorcycles through the country side. You do have to careful not to go off well marked trails as there are still millions of landmines in the ground in Cambodia. There are different organizations working to rid the country of this but it will take years!!
My fascination with Cambodia began in the mid 80's while travelling in Thailand. I saw a picture of Angkor Wat in a magazine and thought to myself "that looks pretty interesting"! I checked into going to Cambodia and at that time it might have been a suicide trip. I would have needed an armored car to get around! So that trip was put on hold. By the time I had a chance to think about going again was almost 20 years later. 2002! So I finally made it this year. I had a great time. And can't wait to return to Cambodia someday ...soon!
I love the many doors of this picture! It is found just to right of the East Gate. You will be asked for a donation at this doorway!
The Bayon in Angkor Thom is pretty facinating! There are over 200 faces carved into the towers! It is a multilevel building with steep, narrow stair wells!
- Pros:Great People
- In a nutshell:Great Architecture!!
This is one of the main towers of Banteay Srei. It is interesting as it is a 10th century Hindu Temple. I only saw... more travel advice
If you will notice the middle of the road on the photo. You can see that there is a black line right down the middle of... more travel advice
- See All Sras Srang
- See All Vertigo
- Madness at Phnom Bakheng
- See All Big Trucks
herzog63's Related Pages
Cambodia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MORE THAN JUST THE ANGKOR TEMPLES"
- "The country of Angkor"
- "Angkor Archeological Park, Cambodia"
- "Sharrie's Cambodia Dignity"
- "Cambodia 2002"
- "Ancient temples and smiling Khmers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cambodia
- Hotels in Cambodia
- Transportation in Cambodia
- Nightlife in Cambodia
- Restaurants in Cambodia
- Shopping in Cambodia
- Warnings and Dangers in Cambodia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambodia
- 166 Reviews
- 219 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Cambodia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambodia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues