"Floating Market" Top 5 Page for this destination Damnoen Saduak by herzog63

Damnoen Saduak Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 253 photos

Talaat Nam (Floating Market)

The Floating market in Damnoen Saduak is pretty interesting! And it's a great place to shoot some photos! I had been to Thailand 5 times and it was my 6th trip so I decided I better see what this floating market thing was about! I had seen the pictures but never made the effort to go to one. So I asked my Friends Pla and Ooy if they would like to go to Damnoen Saduak with my son and I. And of course they did and they brought their friend Gop. They picked us up at our Guest house about 5 am! And off we went! We arrived around 6 ish. We negotiated a boat and a lady paddled us around for a couple hours it was a very beautiful setting. Small canals with small boats going to and fro. Every once in while a small motor boat would go by to break up the morning calm! I had heard that it would be quite touristy but I didn't see another foreigner except my son. We bought a couple of touristy things...Some kind of elephant scene pressed into smashed up coconut fibers. It was kind of cool but it really shrunk when we got it back to Alaska!! And we bought a hammock which my son wanted really bad and has used it once since returning to Alaska! Things always look cooler when your traveling than when you get home!

• Pros:Great pictures taking opportunities!
  • In a nutshell:Cool boats!!
  • Last visit to Damnoen Saduak: Mar 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 13, 2002

• travelpug's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2008 at 7:22 AM

Enjoy reading your tips and pictures. I guess you went there really early and it was less crowded. I went on a weekend during peak hours... it was packed with tourists. Wish I had gone as early as you did.

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2006 at 12:57 PM

Looks like you had an ejoyable and very culinary morning here! Wonderful pics, thanks for sharing Corinne

• Wann's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 3:11 AM

Nice page !! many nice photos and story ! Glad you had a good time there, it's really original Thai lifestyle there...

• jelw's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2005 at 11:14 PM

enjoyed your eating on the water and other floating market tips.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2004 at 4:53 PM

Scott, it cannot get much more relaxing than an early morning canoe ride, no matter where you are! Great tips and photos! Breakfast on the water sounds like quite an experience!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2004 at 5:50 PM

I never did get to the floating markets but it looks very interesting. Nice photos.

• Jul 10, 2004 at 11:34 PM

Just one of my many reasons to visit Thailand. Love the "street" scenes! =)

• artform's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2004 at 7:01 PM

How beautiful it is. Thanks to you I enjoyed eating on the water as well.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2004 at 7:04 AM

You should be starting your own Asian book soon! Keep up the good work.

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2004 at 10:17 AM

Beautiful page! Great impression of the floating market!

herzog63

“Enjoy Life ...You Only Have One!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Damnoen Saduak

Have you been to Damnoen Saduak?

Latest Activity in Damnoen Saduak