"Floating Market" Top 5 Page for this destination Damnoen Saduak by herzog63
Damnoen Saduak Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 252 photos
The Floating market in Damnoen Saduak is pretty interesting! And it's a great place to shoot some photos! I had been to Thailand 5 times and it was my 6th trip so I decided I better see what this floating market thing was about! I had seen the pictures but never made the effort to go to one. So I asked my Friends Pla and Ooy if they would like to go to Damnoen Saduak with my son and I. And of course they did and they brought their friend Gop. They picked us up at our Guest house about 5 am! And off we went! We arrived around 6 ish. We negotiated a boat and a lady paddled us around for a couple hours it was a very beautiful setting. Small canals with small boats going to and fro. Every once in while a small motor boat would go by to break up the morning calm! I had heard that it would be quite touristy but I didn't see another foreigner except my son. We bought a couple of touristy things...Some kind of elephant scene pressed into smashed up coconut fibers. It was kind of cool but it really shrunk when we got it back to Alaska!! And we bought a hammock which my son wanted really bad and has used it once since returning to Alaska! Things always look cooler when your traveling than when you get home!
- Pros:Great pictures taking opportunities!
- In a nutshell:Cool boats!!
There are so many beautiful scenes to be seen in the morning at Damnoen Saduak. Just turn your head and you'll find... more travel advice
Riding the small boats and eating fruit makes for a great morning! You can see the sign in the picture about the Grape... more travel advice
herzog63's Related Pages
Damnoen Saduak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Floating Markets, Floating Food, Floating Shops"
- "Floating Market"
- "How best to experience the Floating Market"
- "COMFORT MOVING"
- "Damnoen Saduak"
- "Damnoen Saduak Floating Market"
- "Welcome to the Floating Market"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Damnoen Saduak
- Transportation in Damnoen Saduak
- Restaurants in Damnoen Saduak
- Shopping in Damnoen Saduak
- Warnings and Dangers in Damnoen Saduak
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Damnoen Saduak
- 19 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Damnoen Saduak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Damnoen Saduak
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues