Kanchanaburi Favorite Tips by herzog63 Top 5 Page for this destination
Kanchanaburi Favorites: 21 reviews and 25 photos
Favorite thing: Kanchaburi is full of cemetaries! It is one of the few places in Thailand that you see cemetaries as Thais, I believe use the cremation method. And the urns are placed in Temples So they don't have big plots of ground honoring the dead.
Favorite thing: The area around Kanchanaburi is quite mountainous so there are so many wonderful veiws. There are many waterfalls in the area too. They are best seen during the rainy season. I have been to many of them but there has never been much water in them on my visits. I have never been to Thailand during the rainy season.
Favorite thing: It seemed to me that most of the young kids want to speak to the Farang but some are just to shy to start the conversation. But once the conversation is going they seem to have fun!! The young ones don't know a whole lot of English but if you learn a phrase or two of Thai it can be fun!!
All of the schools in Thailand have school uniform like the one being worn in the picture.
Favorite thing: I have visited Kanchanaburi several times. And each time I go I seem to meet a group of students that are doing a historical trip there. If you want a chance to meet some friendly Thais and don't mind chatting for a while just approach a group of students and say Sawat dee krap and you will be friends for sure!! Most of the students speak fairly good English. And they love to practice!!
Fondest memory: This picture here is from 1984. I still remember the day as they approached me and wanted their photo taken and the girls were trying to orgnanize the boys into straight lines to make a nice photo.
More Reviews (16)
herzog63's Related Pages
Kanchanaburi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The River Kwai..."
- "The Bridge over River Kwai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kanchanaburi
- Hotels in Kanchanaburi
- Transportation in Kanchanaburi
- Nightlife in Kanchanaburi
- Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
- Shopping in Kanchanaburi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kanchanaburi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kanchanaburi
- 20 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Kanchanaburi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanchanaburi
Photos in KanchanaburiSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues