"Kanchanaburi" Top 5 Page for this destination Kanchanaburi by herzog63
Kanchanaburi Travel Guide: 463 reviews and 1,333 photos
Probably the main draw to Kanchanburi is the "Bridge over the River Kwai". I've been to Kancahaburi a couple times and have always enjoyed my visits. Walks along the river are nice and cool although recent development is changing the face of the rivers edge. But to see the bridge and stop for a moment to realize what it actually represents is something that is worth doing. The bridge itself isn't that interesting! Just the history behind it.
There are many Cemetaries in Kanchanaburi. Many hold soldiers from many nationalities that died building the railroad.
At the JEATH War Museum you can learn of the cruelties suffered during the building of the railway line from Thailand into Burma.
- Pros:Lot's of history!
- In a nutshell:Nice Area and it's got a famous bridge!
This was one of the bigger waterfalls that we got to experience at Erawan. And it had some nice cool water flowing over... more travel advice
The swimming pools of Erawan are clean and fresh! They make a relaxing retreat from any hikes you might be doing in the... more travel advice
herzog63's Related Pages
Kanchanaburi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The River Kwai..."
- "The Bridge over River Kwai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kanchanaburi
- Hotels in Kanchanaburi
- Transportation in Kanchanaburi
- Nightlife in Kanchanaburi
- Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
- Shopping in Kanchanaburi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kanchanaburi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kanchanaburi
- 20 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Kanchanaburi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanchanaburi
Photos in KanchanaburiSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues