"Ayutthaya" Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya by herzog63

Ayuthaya Travel Guide: 704 reviews and 2,218 photos

Temple Town

Ayutthaya has many very old and beautiful temples! Some of them are in the ruined state and some are in the rebuilding state. Ayutthaya is a Unesco World Heritage site. If you have a few days it is a great town to spend some time in. You can easily spend a day here at least. I have spent alot of time here. I made some friends here in 1984 and lost touch with them but I found them again in 2001. I have been back in 2002 also. News Flash!! Not really a news flash but I've also just returned again in March 2003 to visit with my friends. So I am a little biased about Ayutthaya. It is a big spread out town so renting a bicycle is a great way to get around! It would be very difficult to walk to all of the sites but it could be done. Another alternative is hire a tuk-tuk for the day. But be sure to agree to a price before you get in. And make sure you both understand how long the day might be! It will save on having problems at the end of the day! Another alternative to hiring a Tuk-tuk for the day would be to just simply get a new Tuk-tuk for each ride it may work out cheaper in the end. Unless your bargaining skills are Very good!! I'll be here again in March 2003!!!

• Pros:Beautiful River! Beautiful Temples! Great Friends!
  • In a nutshell:Great friends!!!
  • Last visit to Ayuthaya: Mar 2002
  • Intro Updated Apr 20, 2003

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2007 at 6:05 AM

Hi Scott. Nice pics. I will certainly come here on a trip from Bangkok when I eventually make my way to Thailand.

• Sep 7, 2007 at 9:55 AM

It is comparatively expensive (from jungle areas)but the elephants are from the nearby kraal, a charity. They work to generate money for the place in general, this includes supporting older elephants who get to live out their days in dignity.

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2006 at 9:33 AM

I think I'm going to try to take a look at Ayuthaya next month, but it's going to have to be a fairly rushed one day trip. Thanks for all the photos and enthusiasm in these pages.

• hooiluangoh's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2006 at 8:51 PM

So how much does a Tuk Tuk costs in Ayutthaya? Good tip!

• Hewer's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2005 at 2:21 AM

Holy Catfish! Good page Scott ;-)

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2004 at 10:57 PM

LOL Scott! I was soooo sure you took this picture in Cambodia that I went around all the Angkor area to find this head into the tree...fortunatly it was not there, else I'd really feel down:-)

• ManOfLaMantra's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2004 at 2:47 PM

Buddha heads -- eatem up, yum

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2004 at 3:37 PM

What a beautiful place,I want to go there!!!.Glad you had a great time with your friends there.Hope to visit someday a place like this!!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2004 at 6:06 AM

Very interesting travel pages on Thailand.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2004 at 3:00 AM

Scotty! Buddah's head is every were! but it's great! How lovely you and your son made good friends! :-))) Little Traveler Hadji, so lucky :-))

herzog63

“Enjoy Life ...You Only Have One!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Ayuthaya

Have you been to Ayuthaya?

Latest Activity in Ayuthaya