"Ayutthaya" Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya by herzog63
Ayuthaya Travel Guide: 732 reviews and 2,413 photos
Ayutthaya has many very old and beautiful temples! Some of them are in the ruined state and some are in the rebuilding state. Ayutthaya is a Unesco World Heritage site. If you have a few days it is a great town to spend some time in. You can easily spend a day here at least. I have spent alot of time here. I made some friends here in 1984 and lost touch with them but I found them again in 2001. I have been back in 2002 also. News Flash!! Not really a news flash but I've also just returned again in March 2003 to visit with my friends. So I am a little biased about Ayutthaya. It is a big spread out town so renting a bicycle is a great way to get around! It would be very difficult to walk to all of the sites but it could be done. Another alternative is hire a tuk-tuk for the day. But be sure to agree to a price before you get in. And make sure you both understand how long the day might be! It will save on having problems at the end of the day! Another alternative to hiring a Tuk-tuk for the day would be to just simply get a new Tuk-tuk for each ride it may work out cheaper in the end. Unless your bargaining skills are Very good!! I'll be here again in March 2003!!!
- Pros:Beautiful River! Beautiful Temples! Great Friends!
- In a nutshell:Great friends!!!
At Wat Ratburana there are some shade trees to hide from the afternoon sun. Also you can always sit on the shade side of... more travel advice
This is the main Prang of Wat Ratburana which is also done in the Khmer style. They are quite beautiful. It is also nice... more travel advice
herzog63's Related Pages
Ayuthaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Ancient City Glimpse..."
- "AYUTTHAYA -Fascinating Link with the Past"
- "The Ancient City of Ayutthaya"
- "Ayutthaya - Ancient City - A world heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ayuthaya
- Hotels in Ayuthaya
- Transportation in Ayuthaya
- Nightlife in Ayuthaya
- Restaurants in Ayuthaya
- Shopping in Ayuthaya
- Warnings and Dangers in Ayuthaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ayuthaya
- 52 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Ayuthaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayuthaya
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues