Pokhara Hotel Tips by herzog63
Pokhara Hotels: 11,268 reviews and 79 photos
Sometimes you may find yourself sleeping on the floor in a home like this. If you do there probably won't be a bed for you to use. Hopefully you will have a sleeping bag. I never stayed in a private home on my trek but stayed in inns that had the feel of a private home. I carried a sleeping bag for the trek.
Pile of Wood
You will see these piles of wood that are cut up for cooking and making hot water. This isn't really an accomodation tip but it is here to help you make the decision of whether or not to use local cooking techniques. For them to cook your food and boil your water they cut down the trees which leads to deforestation of the area. Hopefully they will get going with some Reforestaion programs!!
Many trekking companies offer treks that don't burn wood but they hire porters to carry propane for cooking.
There are hot showers available but there is one problem with them. The local people are cutting down the trees to make the fire that heats up the water. They are not replanting the trees. Around Pokhara you can see un-forested areas that used to be forested 20 years ago before we all showed up. I don't really have an answer but just letting you know.
You will need to bring your own toilet paper while you are trekking! But if you don't have any you will be provided with a tin of water for clean-up.
More Reviews (13)
- From Poon Hill
- See All Trekking
- See All Local Kids are Great
- Chickens on the table
herzog63's Related Pages
Pokhara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pokhara - the best town in Nepal"
- "When Did you Last See Rainbow on Earth Like this!!"
- "Pokhara - once is not enough"
- ""Peaceful Pokhara!!""
- "Pokhara - Nepal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pokhara
- Hotels in Pokhara
- Transportation in Pokhara
- Nightlife in Pokhara
- Restaurants in Pokhara
- Shopping in Pokhara
- Warnings and Dangers in Pokhara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pokhara
- 17 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 66 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (72)
Have you been to Pokhara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pokhara
Read real reviews about Pokhara Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues