"Pokhara - Nepal" Pokhara by herzog63

Pokhara Travel Guide: 375 reviews and 979 photos

Pohkara My First Morning!!

I remember the beauty Pokhara!! I arrived at night after a long journey that started in Lucknow , India. I found a small guest house which is the area called Dam Side. It is on the other side of the lake. So when I awoke early that first morning It was absolutely AWESOME! With the majestic Machupuchere Mountain as a backdrop and not a cloud in the sky. I couldn't wait to get out and start exploring. I spent a few days just doing day hikes around Pokhara and renting a bike and riding out to some of the neighboring villages. It was great! The People are very friendly too. I hope to return someday!!

Pokhara in the Morning

Pokhara is absolutely beautiful in the morning!

Me and a Friend

The views are fantastic from almost every angle.

• Pros:Beautiful
  • Cons:Nothing I can think of
  • In a nutshell:Great Trekking!!
  • Last visit to Pokhara: Dec 1985
  • Intro Written Sep 28, 2002

• FruitLover's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2006 at 12:54 PM

Nameste Grand Master Scott!! One more great page of pure nature and simple way of life. Those were the days. Maaaannnggggoooooo !!! Avi

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2005 at 11:09 AM

What a great view to wake up to. Great page, Scott

• novsco61's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2005 at 11:54 PM

Great page with excellent photos,Scott. Thanks for sharing.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 1:47 PM

What magnificent photos! It never ceases to amaze me how people (everywhere, not just here) don't value trees much - what a sad place our planet would be without them. Namaste is a wonderful word : )

• andrea.d's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2004 at 5:43 AM

What a stunning place! Amazing pics! Happy travels :)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2004 at 5:38 PM

A fantastic page on this old chapter in your travel history! What an awesome view of the mountains in the background! It is too bad that tree-cutting is such a world-wide problem, and tourists only make it worse.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2004 at 12:21 AM

Wonderful Pages, Some beautiful Photos, What a place to visit, Nepal I definately on my Wish List. Happy Travels (~_~)

• awayhome's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2004 at 3:10 PM

an amazing page and pics. I would love to visit there someday. Happy travel-)))

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2004 at 4:20 PM

Very interesting place. An excellent and informative page.

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2004 at 8:49 AM

Poon Hill was one of my best memories. Lately I've been having flashbacks of that magical land. Certain scents and sounds always whisk me back there. I hope you find your way back to Asia this year, Scott. There is so much still left to explore.........

herzog63

“Enjoy Life ...You Only Have One!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Pokhara

Have you been to Pokhara?

Latest Activity in Pokhara