"Angkor Thom - Amazing Stone Faces" Top 5 Page for this destination Angkor Thum by herzog63
Angkor Thum Travel Guide: 266 reviews and 932 photos
For me the whole idea of visiting Cambodia was to see the amazing Angkor Wat! About 3 weeks before I left I bought the Lonely Planet Guide for Cambodia and started reading about Angkor Thom. I'm not a real big planner and mostly like to take my travels moment to moment but....This Angkor Thom place made it to my must see list and it may have been my favorite place even over the more famous Angkor Wat!!
The area of Angkor Thom is 10 sq km. So it's a good sized area to explore! There are plenty of wonderful surprises! At least I thought so....
The Bayon is one of those places that you see so many different details from up close! This photo is a perfect example!! When you look at it in this small format it just looks like a rock with some stuff growing on it. Well if you have time please click on this one photo as you will see what I mean!! The same goes for the whole Bayon Complex...As you approach from a distance it looks like a Giant pile of rocks (to me anyways) but as you walk closer you start making out many of the faces and the other details.
- In a nutshell:Awesome!!!
I'm glad we did the motorcycle type tour around Angkor. It was a very flexible and inexpensive way to get around. My son... more travel advice
The local money is called the Rial but here in the Angkor area you can use US$ , Thai Baht or the Rial. Your change will... more travel advice
- See All 12 Prasats Suor Prat
- See All Yet another of the 5 Temples of the...
- See All Cold Baby Coconut and Juice!!!
herzog63's Related Pages
Angkor Thum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Angkor Thom - Amazing Stone Faces"
- "Under Construction - The Last Angkor City"
- "Angkor Thom"
- "Angkor Thom"
- "Thousand peaceful faces of The King"
- "The Bayon at Angkor Thom"
- "The Walled City of Amazing Temples"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Angkor Thum
- Hotels in Angkor Thum
- Transportation in Angkor Thum
- Restaurants in Angkor Thum
- Warnings and Dangers in Angkor Thum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Angkor Thum
- 49 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Angkor Thum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Angkor Thum
Photos in Angkor ThumSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues