"Angkor Wat" Angkor Wat by herzog63
Angkor Wat Travel Guide: 1,638 reviews and 4,718 photos
Angkor Wat is Breathtaking!!! I would recommend a few visits here if you have the time. Sunrise, Sunset, Middle of the day. When you look at the work that has gone into Angkor Wat and the years that it was built it makes you say "Wheewww"
You have to go to Angkor Wat at Sunrise!! Each day will be different but it sure adds to the beauty of the towers! I went 2 times for sunrise. You have to get up early but it is worth it.
You can get a pretty nice view of the Sunset against Angkor Wat. But to get any decent picture you will have to have at least a 300 mm zoom lense! But the view is magnificent as you can see the surrounding area on all sides. It is a bit of a crazy time at the bottom of the hill as there is only a small parking area and tons of tour buses, motorcycle drivers and various types of taxis all waiting for their fare to come down off the hill!! You can hire elephants for the ride up. It is a pretty steep short hike up but you will have to be in decent shape for the walk. The straight trail up is just that, A rocky path!! There is a longer trail up that starts to the left of the main path which is not as steep. It is also used by the elephants so you have to watch for them on the trail. All in all it is worth it!
- Pros:Angkor is Awesome!!!
- In a nutshell:It's Angkor Wat!!!
You get some nice views from the upper levels of Angkor Wat. Here you can see the Inner Court Yard and the West Gate in... more travel advice
You can walk around the out side of the main walls of Angkor. Near the west gate there are vendors renting mats for... more travel advice
- See All Purchase an Entry Pass
- See All Buddhist Prayer
- Rent a motorcycle
- Get something to eat across the street
herzog63's Related Pages
Angkor Wat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Angkor Wat"
- "Angkor Wat Rediscovered"
- "Angkor What?"
- "Facing to the west and stairway to heaven"
- "Angkor Wat: Our Own Personal Tuk Tuk"
- "Angkor Wat"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Angkor Wat
- Hotels in Angkor Wat
- Transportation in Angkor Wat
- Nightlife in Angkor Wat
- Restaurants in Angkor Wat
- Shopping in Angkor Wat
- Warnings and Dangers in Angkor Wat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Angkor Wat
- 27 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 51 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Angkor Wat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Angkor Wat
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues