"Indein - 400 Hauntingly beautiful Pagodas" Indein by herzog63

Indein Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 30 photos

The Pagodas

I had read about the 400 Pagodas in the Lonely Planet Guide but hadn't met anyone that had actually been there. So When I met my boat driver and we were discussing what we wanted to see I mentioned Indein and he said that it was very interesting but it would be an extra 1000 Kyat (US$1.20) as it was 10 KM round trip from the normal route. It was well worth the extra expense! LOL It was probably my second favorite place on Inle Lake behind the Nampan Market.

• Pros:Beautiful Pagodas
  • Cons:Nothing at all!!!!!!
  • In a nutshell:Absolutely gotta see it if your in the area!!
  • Last visit to Indein: Mar 2003
  • Intro Written Apr 23, 2003

• Neilzonwheelz's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2006 at 4:16 AM

Scott, excellent job, this is what makes VT worthwile... I had never heard of this place or considered it. It is now on my radar... this is WOW!

• A2002's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2005 at 11:12 PM

Excellent writeup of your adventure at Indein.. Thanks for sharing :)

• akikonomu's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2004 at 4:35 AM

You're so right about the sweets as most of these children have no access to dental care. Another great adventure spot to visit in the near future. Thanks!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2004 at 5:15 AM

Wow, I am glad you paid the extra fee to go to Indein and I am glad you shared it with us for FREE. Great page.

• GillianMcLaughlin's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2004 at 6:57 AM

Astounding. Really. I've reald a lot of books written by Burmese people recently. Your photos illustrate many of the sites they describe. But where are those floating gradens?

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 2:00 PM

You had a great adventure in Indein. Pagodas are so beautiful indeed. Great page Scott.

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2004 at 1:54 PM

Interesting page about Indein. Sure looks like you and your family had a great and hot time there. Good that your feet didn't melt. :-))

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2003 at 8:41 AM

A magical place - even if it was 100F+. Splendid shots bringing some of the mystery to us.

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2003 at 12:20 PM

Pagodas looks great, so did you have any luck by gonging those bells?

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2003 at 6:19 AM

Sure it's one of your great pages! I liked it so much thanks for sharing us! :-))))

herzog63

“Enjoy Life ...You Only Have One!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Indein