"Indein - 400 Hauntingly beautiful Pagodas" Indein by herzog63
Indein Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 30 photos
I had read about the 400 Pagodas in the Lonely Planet Guide but hadn't met anyone that had actually been there. So When I met my boat driver and we were discussing what we wanted to see I mentioned Indein and he said that it was very interesting but it would be an extra 1000 Kyat (US$1.20) as it was 10 KM round trip from the normal route. It was well worth the extra expense! LOL It was probably my second favorite place on Inle Lake behind the Nampan Market.
- Pros:Beautiful Pagodas
- Cons:Nothing at all!!!!!!
- In a nutshell:Absolutely gotta see it if your in the area!!
After the long hot sweaty hike we stopped at the river at the bottom of the hill on our walk back to the boat and took... more travel advice
If you keep hiking past the main Temple complex at the top of the hill you can find a few other hidden gems off the main... more travel advice
herzog63's Related Pages
Indein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Indein - 400 Hauntingly beautiful Pagodas"
- "Indein the stupa forest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Indein
- Transportation in Indein
- Warnings and Dangers in Indein
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Indein
- 27 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 42 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (72)
Have you been to Indein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Indein
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues