"Mandalay" Top 5 Page for this destination Mandalay by herzog63

Mandalay Travel Guide: 327 reviews and 936 photos

Mandalay Fort

After our 18 hour bus ride from Yangon and finding a hotel we started our exploration of Mandalay. Just hearing the word Mandalay conjured up all kinds of exotic images in my mind. I didn't know what to really expect. But we where about to find out. Our hotel was pretty close to the Mandalay Fort so I figured we'ed attack that first!
The photo is actually taken at sunrise the next morning.

• Pros:Lots of cool stuff!
  • Cons:Didn't have enough time for everything!
  • In a nutshell:Wow!

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Hello, Scott! Thanks for your interesting story! ><><><><

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Your page brought tears to my eyes! Dad taught me Kipling's poem, two cousins captive there in WW2 . Such mystical beauty in your stories and pictures. Hard to equate with current situation. Thanks for your view.

• starship's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2009 at 5:36 PM

I always thought of Mandalay as a mystical, mythical sort of place. Thanks for bringing it to life through your pages & photos.

• mecute's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2008 at 3:43 AM

wow, lovely photos

• Dec 1, 2006 at 3:31 PM

If there are 729 stupas and each one holds the info from a single page, why does it take 38 volumes of 400 pages to put on paper?

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2006 at 6:05 AM

Very nice pages Scott. Mandalay looks like a magical place.

• DaDrifter's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2005 at 10:00 PM

Delightful page! Eighteen hour journey with natural air conditioning sounds like a fun trip to do :) Lovely pictures of Kuthodaw Paya and the Mandalay fort ... amazing reflections.

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2004 at 5:39 PM

Very interesting page Scott,I like all photos also.I want to see it for myself someday!!!!!! :-)

• Kristina1701's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2004 at 10:16 AM

wow what a beautiful place! beautiful carving and sunrise pics! and no, they're not boring at all! :-)

herzog63

“Enjoy Life ...You Only Have One!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Mandalay

Have you been to Mandalay?