"Mingun - A beautiful pile of bricks!" Mingun by herzog63
Mingun Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 84 photos
The highlight of the trip to Mingun is definately the Huge Mingun Paya. It is 50 meters high and was going to be 150 meters high but King Bodawpaya died and work stopped on it. It took 30 years to get it to the point is now.Then in 1838 there was a big earthquake that put some huge cracks into it. I wonder how many barbeque pits could be made with all of these bricks??
In the picture you can see how massive the doorway is. Other things to see in Mingun are the banks of the Ayerwaddy River, the Huge Mingun Bell, Hsinbume Paya, Mingun Sanitarium and some other smaller Payas.
- Pros:Beautiful Paya!
- In a nutshell:Lot's of bricks!
US$3 to enter the Sagaing - Mingun Archaelolgical Zone. It also gains you entrance to all of the areas Temples. You must... more travel advice
You can get to Mingun by boat from Mandalay in about 45 minutes. I had a taxi that I hired for the whole day so I missed... more travel advice
herzog63's Related Pages
Mingun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mingun - A beautiful pile of bricks!"
- "Mingun Burma"
- "Mingun Temple"
- "Pictures of Mingun"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mingun
- Transportation in Mingun
- Restaurants in Mingun
- Shopping in Mingun
- Warnings and Dangers in Mingun
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mingun
- 20 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Mingun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mingun
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "Re: price of honey in..."
- Commented on one of cochinjew's Mingun travel pages
- Wrote a Review Entrance fee to the Sagaing -Mingun Zone in Mingun Tourist Traps
- Uploaded a Photo to "Entrance fee to the Sagaing -Mingun Zone"
- created a Mingun Travel Page "Mingun - A beautiful pile of bricks!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues