Nampan Local Custom Tips by herzog63
Nampan Local Customs: 10 reviews and 10 photos
You will see all parts of the animals being utilized so there isn't any waste. I'm not sure if the eyes are eaten. I was waiting around to see how the guy dismantled the head but he was talking to much and didn't really get much done. Or maybe he noticed me watching him and didn't want to continue?
She seemed happy to be selling! Business must've been good! Actually alot of people smiled as they spotted my son. He was very popular in Myanmar! If you have the chance to travel with your children you will be well awarded in Myanmar!!
Fish for sale
Fish is quite popular in this area as it is on a Lake. Most of the fish that I saw was some sort of catfish. I know that Catfish Currie was one of my favorite dishes that I ate in Myanmar.
I guess she didn't have much customers for her onions yet. I walked by her a couple times as I worked my way through the market and I never saw anyone buy any onions from her.
Alot of the vendors at the market only had a small amount of product for sale. I'm going to guess that they would be some of the poorer people bacause it wouldn't have taken more than a couple of dollars to buy all that this lady had to offer.
You can find a selection of dried fish. The funny thing is that I don't remember see the fish drying anywhere. There must other villages that specialize in Fish drying and I didn't get to visit those!
Hill Tribe ladies
They seemed like they were discussing what they might need for the next week. But who knows they may have just been gossiping too!
It seemed like mostly the older ladies and any age of the men smoked the cheroots. You gotta love that fresh cauliflower.
Lot's of tomatoes
These tomatoes probably came from the floating gardens. Which are gardens that are actually floating in the lake.
These guys used and ancient looking scale that must have been around since scales were invented! It was interesting to watch them haggle amongst themselves and watch goods and money change hands.
More Reviews (34)
- See All Laquerware
- See All Beware of the sun!
- See All Hire a boat
- See All Bug spray and Tea??
herzog63's Related Pages
Nampan Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Nampan
- Transportation in Nampan
- Restaurants in Nampan
- Shopping in Nampan
- Warnings and Dangers in Nampan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Saint Charles Hotels
- Sombrero Key Hotels
- Zhongshan Hotels
- Donsol Hotels
Badges & Stats in Nampan
- 44 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Nampan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nampan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues