Nampan Off The Beaten Path Tips by herzog63
Nampan Off The Beaten Path: 6 reviews and 6 photos
This lady was preparing the leaves for the rolling process. Every part of the Rolling of the cheroot was done by hand here in Nampan. Mechanical rolling hasn't made it to this part of the world yet.
A couple of guys having a friendly discussion. Probably talking about the cows that they were going to buy from old man Witherspoon. Or maybe just discussing the weather which was really beautiful the day that we visited Nampan.
I guess if you had some ailments you could get all fixed up right here. Some of these mixtures have amazing mixtures of rare roots that the locals will use before they use all of the chemicals that the westerner will bring to them.
Well I think there are different ways of producing lacquerware but I'm not sure of the exact ways so I won't try to explain it. LOL but it looks pretty cool. I haven't bought any lacquerware since 1984. But it can make a nice gift.
This lady is finishing up on making a tray.
Stack of Cheroots
A big ol' stack of cheroots that are ready to go for shipment. The ladies can roll a bundle of them quite fast.
In Nampan one of the cottage industries is cheroot rolling. Cheroots contain Tobacco and other dried leaves and stuff. I only saw women rolling the cheroots. I don't know if men do it or not.
More Reviews (38)
- See All Beware of the sun!
- See All Hire a boat
- See All Bug spray and Tea??
- See All Dried Lake weeds
herzog63's Related Pages
Nampan Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Nampan
- Transportation in Nampan
- Restaurants in Nampan
- Shopping in Nampan
- Warnings and Dangers in Nampan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mahesana Hotels
- Effretikon Hotels
- Nurmahal Hotels
- Santa Claus Hotels
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
- Jiangsu Sheng
- Puerto Maldonado
Badges & Stats in Nampan
- 44 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Nampan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nampan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues