Nampan Favorite Tips by herzog63

Nampan Favorites: 10 reviews and 10 photos

Snack Bar - Nampan

Snack Bar

Snack Bar

Favorite thing: You could sit down here for some tea and breakfast but I had already eaten. I ate so much in Myanmar. I was hoping to drop 15 Lbs pounds on the trip but I think I only lost 2 lbs. I just kept eating and eating.

Cool hats - Nampan

Cool hats

Cauliflower and Baskets and sun in the eyes

Favorite thing: These are some fresh cauliflower!! I love the hats these ladies are wearing. Quite useful for keeping the sun out their eyes while sitting in the market. Those same hats are worn by field workers too.

Egg Vendor - Nampan

Egg Vendor

White eggs or Brown eggs....Your choice!

Favorite thing: This lady has plenty of eggs and choices too! I am always interested in the color of the eggs...Sounds weird but I rarely saw a White egg growing up in Maine. But when I moved to Alaska I couldn't see a Brown egg. Sorry, just one of my weird things that I look for.

Bugspay and tea lady - Nampan

Bugspay and tea lady

Bug spray and Tea??

Favorite thing: I thought she had a unique combination for sale. Bug spray or tea. I thought she should just specialize in one or the other and maybe business would increase.

lady with her fish - Nampan

lady with her fish

I've got some fish and I'm going home!

Favorite thing: The fish seemed to always be sold in that same amount as she is carrying. I saw the same thing in town too.

Rooster inspection - Nampan

Rooster inspection

Checking out the roosters

Favorite thing: I don't know if they where for eating,breeding or fighting but they spent quite a bit of time sitting around looking at them.

Checking the ledger - Nampan

Checking the ledger

Hey Mom someone is looking at us...

Favorite thing: This kid seemed concerned that I was looking in his direction. After I took the picture he was smiling. I should have snapped another shot and shown a before and after series.

???? - Nampan

????

I don't know what these are??

Favorite thing: I tried one but don't know what to compare it to. Sorry..I didn't really care for the taste either. My son thought they were cashews LOL I let him try one and he spit it out.

• Updated Apr 2, 2003
Smokin a cheroot - Nampan

Smokin a cheroot

smokin a cheroot

Favorite thing: The cheroot that the Hill tribe lady is smoking in the foreground is a common site around Myanmar. Cheroots have tobacco and other dried leaves and ingredients in them.

• Written Apr 1, 2003
Pa-o ladies - Nampan

Pa-o ladies

Hill tribes

Favorite thing: There were many different Hill Tribes represented at the market. I'm not sure of the names of them all but I think the ladies in the picture are Pa-o. Most hilltribes have their own distinct type of clothing.

• Written Apr 1, 2003

herzog63

“Enjoy Life ...You Only Have One!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Nampan